Forums Archive RPGMP3 Chatter Site News Journals

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Keener 12 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

The observant among you might have noticed that I have turned on the sites Journal feature. It is something I thought I would give a go and see if it caught on.

Basically it is a Blog (or Web Log) system where you can write about you day and what you are getting up to and other users can make comments.

The entries are written in HTML so you can link pictures and other files into them and make comments on stuff as well as having bold text and the like. If you want to get started to only really important codes are

Code:
    – Page break (like a carriage return on your keyboard). Put 2 when you want a new paragraph.

– Horizontal Rule. Puts a line across the page (a little 80s)
    LINK TEXT – Adding a page link
    http://… – Link to an image

Anyway, I have added a box to the left for the last 5 journal entries and hope that you will all use it as a way of telling us news about gaming or what you have been getting up to or what games you are planning or just as a way of venting to the world.

There is also a Private function which lets you write entries for yourself only and no one else will be able to see them. That way you can keep a diary that you can read should you desire!

Let me know what you think of the feature. If it gets good use I will be happy 😛

Cheers

Hal :hal:

JustinM
    • Commoner

The links to your blog post and to your name are broken. 🙁 I was able to find your post through the More Journals link, but that’s easy when yours is the only one there. 😀

riddles
    • Succubus

Well, I’ve writ something. It’s pretty cr*p but I’ve writ something…

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant
    JustinM wrote:
    The links to your blog post and to your name are broken. 🙁 I was able to find your post through the More Journals link, but that’s easy when yours is the only one there. 😀

Hmmmmm! Teething troubles dear boy. That will teach me to use crappy code I find on the net rather than spending the 5 minutes if took to actually write one that works 😀

I will make is better but for now it does seem to work 😀 Let me know if you have any bother with it and feel free to use the system 😀

Enjoy

DeTheGreat
    • Orc

The code is broken (again?)

I plan on using the feature in the future, as I’ve got a group that wants to try to run the dungeon. It’ll be interesting to see how other groups go through it compared to the rpgmp3.com group.

Keener
    • Drider

Your in luck DeTheGreat JustinM appears to be doing just that.

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Code seems OK! Though I must confess I have only tested it in Firefox 😳

Download it. It is great 😀

Keener
    • Drider
    Hal wrote:
    Code seems OK! Though I must confess I have only tested it in Firefox 😳

I personally think everyone needs to only code for fire fox.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Site News’ is closed to new topics and replies.