Forums News and Information Introductions Re-Introductions

This topic contains 26 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Leah 1 day, 8 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

So – it has been a long while since we last spoke… so I am going to suggest that we take the time to do some re-introductions if you are so inclined.

I’m Hal – I am a GM and gamer who has run RPGMP3 since 2004and record a whole bunch of audio. I love games (pretty much all games) and thought it was high time for a new version of the site that covers everything and anything that we can get our hands on.

We have been very fortunate to have some great contributor groups over the years who have provided amazing audio for the site. You can see all the stuff we have up there under the Game Recordings link. Feel free to follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Twitch and even Instagram (though it is mostly games and food and animals). Also, if you are inclined to want to help out the site, please visit our Patreon page and lend us your support – it would be greatly appreciated.

I am from the UK but I live in Houston, Texas if you are ever in the area and want to have a game or a beer.

Cheers
    Hal

Telemergion
    • Owlbear

This feels incredibly undeserved to grab the #2 slot in the re-introductions thread given how long I’ve been absent for but Facebook demanded I come back and I was getting real nostalgic for the old stomping grounds so I guess this is what this thread is all about?

So here I am! I’m back!

Name’s Tele, but I’ll answer to Tom if you find my decades old handle too silly sounding (like I do). I’ve been GMing for about 12 years now, starting not long after I discovered this site. Currently mostly 5th edition but I’ve done a bunch of systems for the same group of really good friends who frustrate me to no end because they refuse to let me record us. I had a blog detailing our dumb adventures. Is that still a thing that’s around? If it is I’ll update it with our further dumb adventures.

But until the day I get rich and buy all my players good audio recording setups and/or force them to live in my lakeside mansion where none of us have to work and in exchange for playing RPGs every day I get to actually make content for the site, I’;; just have to content myself with being a consumer and new audio is always exciting. I’ma go check that out. And my defunct blog.

I’ll be around, trying to be witty, so if you see me say hi.

EvilAardvark
    • Flumph

Name’s Rob, I’m from Scotland, but I currently live in Hayward, just outside San Francisco. I’ve been playing RPGs for… holy shit!!! I’ve just realized that it has been 35 years. OMG I’m old!

OK, panic attack over. I’ve played and DM’ed a lot of games over the years. Currently I’m running a Pathfinder/Kingmaker game with some 4th edition L5R thrown in for fill-in games when the full squad aren’t available, and a monthly online Shadowrun game with the good peeps from The Arcology podcast.

I’ve been listening to Hal & Co. since the WLD days, so I’m really grateful for all the years of entertainment they’ve provided me, especially during the dark years when I didn’t have a regular group of my onw to play with.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  EvilAardvark.

Kris
    • Commoner

Hello 🙂

I’m another one that’s resurfaced (I too was listening to the World’s Largest Dungeon when it was still being played through – so it’s been a while) …though I can’t remember my old login/pseudonym – so being all grown up and mature now (yeah right 😉 ) I’ve used my actual name 🙂

Like a lot of folks, I played a fair bit when I was younger, took a break, and then came back to gaming sometime during the D&D 3.X era.

I’m currently playing all manner of RPGs with two different groups (when time/schedules allow), and (seeing as how I’m a bit of a Tolkien nut) I’ve just started planning a short AiME campaign (just to try/test it out). So, we’ll see how that goes :S

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

It is so good to see you guys coming back.

Let me know if there is anything that will make what you do with the site easier – and if you are playing games, why not consider recording them… 😛

Chers
    Hal

Vaeron
    • Thri-kreen

Hey guys, I’m Stephen from Denver.

Found this place in the Splug era and stayed for a while, through some of Shattered Star and Temple of Time, but have been gone a couple years as my home group (including me) kind of burnt out on RPGs for a while. We’ve been talking about resurrecting a latent 40k game or starting 5e, so my focus is coming back to RPGs again.

I’m Thrilled to see the site get a makeover and I’ve started peeking at the Twitch channel. I miss the old crew, but this group is a lot of fun and has a couple old favorites in it. I’ll explore a bit more as time allows.

For now, I have an 8 hour drive coming up and I think Labor of Love needs a re-listen. Best shopkeeper ever.

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Glad you guys are finding the Twitch page. Still trying to get that going but my aim is to have everything live stream and then follow up a day or two later with a traditional release here. I have been working on the tech for the live streaming to allow us to chat with the folks who are watching.

I have to say that I am super excited to have a table game going again. I played so long online that I kind of got to miss the table a lot.

Cheers
    Hal

Leah
    • Commoner

Hey All!

I am fairly new at all of this and haven’t seen a forum in a very, very long time (much less participated in one)!

I’m one of the players in Hal’s current games being recorded and just thought I’d drop in and meet everyone. 🙂

-Hall

Aethyr
    • Thri-kreen

Greetings and Salutations,

I am Andrew from Virginia. I stepped away from the site about the time it seemed to be going away this last time. Needed a break from listening to RP while my slate was dry. I get a few dribbles now with some spy work in a Nights Agents Black game running Gumshoe I think it is. Amusing but I miss some sort of D&D. Will have to try listening to the groups here again. Glad to see the site is resurrected.

insert witticism here

Jodast
    • Thri-kreen

Evening all

My name is John and this site is basically responsible for me admitting to myself that I am a massive geek and then finding gaming groups and exploring the big, wide world of RPGs, card games, board games and other assorted geekery.

I used to be a very regular lurked and consumer of the site and an occasional poster but as the site community become less forum-based I found myself drifing away from the site altogether. Now, like the site, I’m back

Lockhart
    • Owlbear

I’m Lockhart, the GM/editor/contributor/producer? of the Yorkton Gamer Guild group on the website here and have dabbled in the main RPGMP3 line as GM and Player. I’ve been a member/listener of the website for quite some time.

I am primarily a game master specializing in Pathfinder with the occasional one-off game of something more Indie, though my narrow focus is mostly a result of lack of time to learn and run unfamiliar stuff as I truly wish I could expand my portfolio of games. I mostly run through modules and Adventure Paths for this same purpose, though every now and then may dabble in homebrew or improv stuff.

I am also a big fan and consumer of Board games, no particular specialty here as I have a wide variety of genres to best match what people want to play.

I am the husband of Heather who may or may not make an appearance here depending how I prod her. She has also been involved in RPGMP3 & YGG recordings and makes lovely drawings.

I am perpetually behind in editing always and should always be poked constantly so I work on editing and releasing old content for the YGG stuff. I think there’s 9 unedited Jade Regent Sessions, 38 Dragon’s Delve, and 36 Shattered Star. I should work on that.

EvilAardvark
    • Flumph

<cracks whip>Ya!! Giddy up there Lockhart! Edit, edit like the wind!!!

Lockhart
    • Owlbear

Aye Aye, currently I’m working on the Shattered Star stuff because it’s fresh and recent and capped off for the moment. Then when I’ve gotten that done I can look back to older things I feel.

New computer, new programs, so I’ve had to relearn my edit process. Hopefully the results will be good though.

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Ooooh – new editing computer – need me one of those 🙂

Hal

EvilAardvark
    • Flumph

When I was young, all we had to edit podcasts was a hex editor and our imaginations. Was good enough for me, and my father, and his father before him.

Young people today don’t know how easy they’ve got it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.