Forums News and Information Announcements Welcome To V5

This topic contains 20 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Hal 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Hey there

It has been a long time coming but we have finally managed to sweep life aside and get back on the horse with a nice new website. While we have been quiet I have been adding contributor audio and other things to this space so there should be plenty for you to explore if you take a look in the Game Recordings section.

As always, the forums are here, though the copy is a little old from the other space so we may be missing a few things.

Please, if you explore the site and find any bugs, let us know in the Bug Thread here and we will get things addressed.

Good to be back and I hope that everyone will start to get back into the swing of things and get the gears turning once more.

Cheers
    Hal

Reverse
    • Flumph

“At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last, we will have our revenge…”

Good to be running again!

• This reply was modified 2 months, 4 weeks ago by  Reverse.

Head of Vecna
    Admin
    • Commoner

Yay – Also The Head of Vecna finally get to post on the forums 😀

Going to start ramping up content and moving forward with letting people know we are alive over the next week or two. We seem to be up and running and pretty stable with only one login issue so far from the handful who have come by and logged in.

Cheers
    Hal (As The Head of Vecna)

Harper101
    • Flumph

Glad to see the nice and shiny new site.
    One question though… with the change of the maximum of podcasts listed in the main feed, is there an easy way to download older podcast series? (IE am I able to download all of the Warlords of the Acordlands sessions without having to go to each of the pages to download them one by one?)

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Hey there

That is something I am working on for the larger series. The site now has multiple podcast feeds (only the main one is in iTunes and the other places as not to cause confusion). You can grab the links to specific group-only feeds by looking in the Podcast Links page under the Other Media tab at the top there.

I have already had a request to find a way to list all the files in an easy link format and I will look into that as well but I think for the large games we have here I should be able to just make a podcast feed file just for them so you can just grab all the files in one go.

I’ll get on it as soon as I get back from this conference and have my desktop. And I’ll do Warlords of the Accordlands first for you – followed by World’s Largest Dungeon.

Cheers
    Hal

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Huzzah! 🙂 Incidentally, the Yoggies are celebrating their own shiny new site, by looking at how YSDC dot com used to look:

Although for some reason, they’re talking about having been podcasting for 20 years, even though both YSDC and RPGMP3 have been at it since around 2004… IIRC, RPGMP3 spent most of that time looking like a proper dungeon:

And then it spent some time looking like the sinimustvalge, the national flag of Estonia:

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  Pencil-Monkey.

EvilAardvark
    • Flumph

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: you’re a heroic stallion of a man.

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Hey Monkey – thanks for the posts of old sites. If you look a little further back you will see that we might have started looking a little less dungeon-like.

RPGMP3 2004

EvilAardvark – Now then, it would be impolite to disagree. So, thank you 😛

Cheers
    Hal

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  Hal.

Telemergion
    • Owlbear

I kinda miss the old dungeony look but new shiny site is new, shiny, and seems pretty swanky. I’ll run it through its paces and see how it holds up.

Also, hello again, old folks. It’s uh… it’s been a while.

Vaeron
    • Thri-kreen

Nice to see familiar folks! Welcome back!

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Agreed – welcome back all and yes – we are new and shiny and less dungeon-y. And I sometimes miss it too but sadly it made things look a bit old and we want to attract some of the normies who are starting the game here 😛

Need to pay the bills and keep the lights on and all that 😛

Please, scour the site and make some suggestions. I need to start a suggestions topic where we can put that stuff and I can see what we can do about it. We have had a few good suggestions already.

Cheers
    Hal (and I need to move my Hal 9000 emoticon over here)

Lockhart
    • Owlbear

Good to see the uploads flowing and such.

Speaking of Uploads, are we still using the old form or is there new tech for audio uploads?

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Hello Mr. Lockhart,

The old form is still there but it has updated fields.

I am in the process of writing a little primer for what goes where but I think it is pretty self-explanatory. @thing has done an awesome job.

Sadly, I tried to upload yesterday and it balked at me so Thing is currently taking a look at it.

Also adding some new contributors that we picked up recently. Everyone should go and listen to all the new shiny things.

Cheers
    Hal

Thing
    Admin
    • Drider

yeah, Old form for now. Still debugging some issues and hoping to get a new more integrated one working in the not too distant future.

Reverse
    • Flumph

On the Bug Thread / Suggestions notes, for forum posting, I don’t see a post emoticons option (but I can see Hal’s emoticons in the thread above), and would also like to see a Spoiler BBcode again and a Preview Post option.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.