Forums Archive RPGMP3 Chatter World’s Largest Dungeon A True Classic Session of D+D

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Asa
    • Commoner

I too enjoyed seeing the gelatenous cube and the dragon. Putting a mimic inside a gelatenous cube was a cool combination. It would have been a lot more dangerous if this mimic actually dragged the grappled characters into the gelatenous cube instead of just slamming them.

Also I remember that in the combat with the dragon when the monk was close to death, he attacked the dragon and then ran off into the darkness. Wouldn’t attacking and then retreating have provoked an attack of opportunity? I thought to retreat and not provoke you had to take a full round action, that is, take a 5 ft step and then move away. Although if the dragon had a 10 ft reach (which I think he did) even that would have provoked an attack of opportunity. Still it was an awesome conbat. That dragon was really dishing out the damage.

Salubrai
    • Succubus

I think if you listen very closely there is a short discussion over that particular issue. I think it has something to do with the speedy abilities of a monk, though I admit my complete ignorance of the issue and as a result, lack of ability to completely understand how he did it. But Fin seemed to have talked it over with Hal briefly.

mchvlichldprdgy
    • Owlbear

Yeah, Fin ran away then turned to use his bow skills. Strangest f*cking thing I’ve ever seen a monk do, but it worked, kinda.

Ffaern
    • Orc
    Quote:
    A gibbering mouther?

Oh wow! I’ve got to get that one out of mothballs!

Wellard
    • Orc

There are some truely nasty monster combos throughout the WLD

Asa
    • Commoner

Having now listened to a few other RPG podcasts it makes me realize how good this one is. I think it helps to have only 4 players, and everyone is really good about not trying to talk over each other, but most of all the roleplaying and the character is really good. Just randomly tromping through a dungeon wouldn’t be half as interesting. Although the storyline of the campaign isn’t as interesting as some, the style of the characters more than makes up for it.

Imagine what would happen if these characters actually escaped the dungeon and started wrecking havoc upon the outside game world. I know it is unlikely, but it would be really cool if the campaign could continue after the players escape the dungeon.

EegahInc
    • Gelatinous Cube
    Asa wrote:
    Imagine what would happen if these characters actually escaped the dungeon and started wrecking havoc upon the outside game world. I know it is unlikely, but it would be really cool if the campaign could continue after the players escape the dungeon.

You’re not alone! I think we’ve got a beg thread going somewhere on the forums for just this thing, maybe running the characters through a classic AD&D setting. I’m still pushing for them to have a run in with Straud in Ravenloft.

mchvlichldprdgy
    • Owlbear

And another classic session!!! #25, great stuff, if not actually classic in terms of beating up dragons, a little elf on succubus action never goes far wrong. I feel happpy the the thread I made, (“Penis”) got mentioned in there. I’m having an effect on the media!!!

Face
    • Gelatinous Cube

Yes. Grats on inserting your penis in to the media; the players seemed to take it in stride. Don’t let their lack of excitement get you down though, eh? 😉

Zing!

mchvlichldprdgy
    • Owlbear
    Face wrote:
    Yes. Grats on inserting your penis in to the media; the players seemed to take it in stride. Don’t let their lack of excitement get you down though, eh? 😉

Zing!

You’re one dirty bastard, you know that?

Face
    • Gelatinous Cube

Zing!

mchvlichldprdgy
    • Owlbear

Lock-n-load. *click ca-chink*

Face Hunting Time. Take this “Zing!”

*ratatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatata shink ca-chink click ca-chink*

Mmmmm, that was fun, if just to think through the loading and cocking mechanisms sounds and processes.

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • The forum ‘World’s Largest Dungeon’ is closed to new topics and replies.