Forums Archive Non RPG Chatter Non Gaming Chat absence, fitness, bad playlists, and home improvement

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    errand
    • Gelatinous Cube

Sorry I haven’t been around much lately. Been working on losing weight and have been shedding pounds big time.

Been bored with the selection on my iPod lately. What do you listen to at the gym (other than the gym’s gay bar Muzak)?

Also been fixing up the house and home. So all in all keeping occupied.

Lockhart
    • Owlbear

Honestly…I just listen to more rpgmp3…which probably makes me look really weird when I spontaneously laugh.

MorkilRocks
    • Gelatinous Cube

I expect photographic evidence of the transformation sir. 😉

I tried listening to audio books at the gym, but found myself stopping the workout to concentrate on a particular section of the story.

Lately on the treadmill, I’ve been watching the first season of Natuto with English subtitles on my Ipad while simultaneously listening to my Ipod. Reading while I fast walk helps me concentrate and the music keeps me going.

G 😀

errand
    • Gelatinous Cube

yea, if i listen to podcasts, i slow down to much. Need something with more BPM. There is only so much http://youtu.be/iLfk9ycoF60 to go around 😀

errand
    • Gelatinous Cube

Oh and as for photographic evidence, you better put a ring on it… ;D

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Ha! Unlike all you feeble homo homo sapiens, we monkeys have no need of treadmills and sweatpants – we were born with perfect bods and dazzling good looks, no effort required.

Would you like to know the secret? Two words: body hair. No, seriously! Because I’m swathed in a gorgeous coat of coarse fur that could turn a shoebrush green with envy, I can gorge on as many banana cupcakes as I like – the growing flab just makes me look even more cuddly and adorable.

Also, four hands plus a prehensile tail = total win.

undecided44
    • Bullywug
    errand wrote:
    Been bored with the selection on my iPod lately. What do you listen to at the gym (other than the gym’s gay bar Muzak)?

Also been fixing up the house and home.

RE:music choices, I’ve been loading up on groups from Newfoundland lately. I’m not sure if this grouphas the bpm you might be looking for, but a couple tracks on this CD pick up the pace (I also like GBS’ cover ofREM “End of the world…” but the live version is better). I have no idea what your taste is so this may be the worst recomendation you ever get…

But it couldn’t hurt to get completely random, so here, have a fee more that just shuffled through on my drive home last night…

-Mighty Might BossTones cover a few + original/Where’d You Go EP(if you like fast, listen to Sweet Emotion)

I also enjoy the “Live from the Middle East” album, try “Hope I Never Lose My Wallet”

-Owl City/Ocean eyes (if you like electronic, though pick a song or two and move on after that, they start to sound the same to me)

-Megadeth/Countdown to Extinction?? not sure why I keep listening to this, they’ve certainly done better material, but I’ve still got songs from this in my rotation

-Dispatch/Bang Bang – variable tempo and instrumentation, but worth a listen, also enjoy a few of the tracks from the Zimbabwe – Live CD(especially the marimba on Flying Horses)

Do you like Jazz? Big Band? Bossa Nova (though the Portuguese versions of those tunes are better)? showtunes? pro anarchy electronic – (Everything you Know is Wrong)? at this point, imagine this is playing…

Yeah, so. That was a… time… I guess…

I hope you find something that works for you.

errand wrote:
    Also been fixing up the house and home.

And by the way, do you do tile work? If so, any pointers?

MorkilRocks
    • Gelatinous Cube
    errand wrote:
    Oh and as for photographic evidence, you better put a ring on it… ;D

Depends on where the ring goes!

G 😀

MorkilRocks
    • Gelatinous Cube
    Pencil-Monkey wrote:
    Ha! Unlike all you feeble homo homo sapiens, we monkeys have no need of treadmills and sweatpants – we were born with perfect bods and dazzling good looks, no effort required.Would you like to know the secret? Two words: body hair. No, seriously! Because I’m swathed in a gorgeous coat of coarse fur that could turn a shoebrush green with envy, I can gorge on as many banana cupcakes as I like – the growing flab just makes me look even more cuddly and adorable.

Also, four hands plus a prehensile tail = total win.

Seriously Monkey Man, am I the only one on here who knows what you really look like?

G 😉

MorkilRocks
    • Gelatinous Cube
    undecided44 wrote:
    RE:music choices…

LOL when I saw your post I thought it was spam with all of the external links! 😀

I like how your range goes from the Boss Tones to Megadeath! Nice mix!

Also, for renditions, the godheadsilo remake of Phil Collins’ “In the Air Tonight” is one of my faves!

G 😀

errand
    • Gelatinous Cube

WOW! thanks so much for all the ideas. Looks like I am going to be burning up my iTunes creds.

Lockhart
    • Owlbear
    MorkilRocks wrote:
    Seriously Monkey Man, am I the only one on here who knows what you really look like?

G 😉

Nope. 😛

MorkilRocks
    • Gelatinous Cube
    Lockhart wrote:
    MorkilRocks wrote:
    Seriously Monkey Man, am I the only one on here who knows what you really look like? G 😉

Nope. 😛

WAIT! Lock N’Load knows what the Danish Price Albert looks like?

Awww, and I thought I was the only one 🙁

BTW, totally off subject, but which LEGO mini did you get Carter?

G 😀

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer
    Gilbert Gripe wrote:
    BTW, totally off subject, but which LEGO mini did you get Carter?

G 😀

Hm? Oh, he wanted this little fella:

86980688-260x260-0-0_Lego+Troll+Sand+Green+LEGO+Castle+Figure.jpg

…with a custom wig and paint job thrown in to make it look more like this:

I also offered to get him a copy of Voodoo for Dummies, a big box of safety pins and an acetylene torch, but he said he had it covered. 🙂

MorkilRocks
    • Gelatinous Cube
    Pencil-Monkey wrote:

A – I’m voodoo proof. The last time a guy tried to stick me with a small prick, I felt nothing. 😉

B – Is it wrong to be turned on by a LEGO figurine? 😀

G 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • The forum ‘Non Gaming Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.