Forums Archive RPGMP3 Chatter World’s Largest Dungeon An EPIC Struggle!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Hey folks,

Session 21 is up and live for you to gorge yourself on. It was a difficult one to cut as there is an ENORMOUS combat in there. A really good RP combat that everyone is quite proud of I think. Lots of action and some high points as well as a few very very low ones.

WLD Session 21 – Part 1

WLD Session 21 – Part 2

Enjoy it and post your comments here.

Cheers

Hal :hal:

PaulofCthulhu
    • Owlbear

I think this is my favourite episode so far, it has it all, combat, ‘rogue’ magic, hot blind Balazaar action and homemade fairy cakes…

plus lots of death & destruction 😈

ENoa4
    • Gelatinous Cube

Wow. That was up quick after session 20. Very fast. I can’t wait to listen.

Salubrai
    • Succubus

Utterly fantastic. Balazaar never kicked so much butt as when he was blind. And props to Lindsay and Paul for staying so well within the boundaries of their characters’ personalities. Paul had Balazaar completely waste a combat action attacking the rhino, because it IS what Balazaar would have done. Ace to that.

ENoa4
    • Gelatinous Cube

Fantastic session. Kudos to ‘Little Feylin’ on surviving that. I was laughing my butt off as a blind Balazaar started flinging fireballs in the general direction of the battle.

Looks like the party just got a little smaller, and so did the party members. 😆

Absolutely fantastic. Extremely entertaining. I look forward to your next game.

Feylin really should dual class the next time she levels. I would strongly recommend Barbarian. What exactly would 3 inches of halfling Barbarian rage look like? 😆

My complements to the entire group. Well done!

On an unrelated note, I’ve got a small group I’m going to start gaming with. A good friend and old gaming buddy of mine and my nine year old son are going to start playing soon.

Take care!

ENoa4

Cob37
    • Gelatinous Cube
    ENoa4 wrote:
    On an unrelated note, I’ve got a small group I’m going to start gaming with. A good friend and old gaming buddy of mine and my nine year old son are going to start playing soon.

ENoa4

Now that’s cool!

Wellard
    • Orc

Well thats an “interesting party”

ENoa4
    • Gelatinous Cube

I played twice with my son and my wife. My son was totally into it. My wife was intrigued, but brought her real live persona into the game. She refused to enter any caves, pits or dungeons unless they were clean and sanitary. That is until her son went in and got attacked, they she chargd headlong into danger. It was pretty entertaining.

ENoa4

Ffaern
    • Orc

I liked this one a lot as well. A couple of the jokes made both myself and my wife crack up.

“Why do girls wear make-up and perfume?”

“Because they’re ugly and smelly.”

Classic stuff and a fight with giants involving a kick-arse cleric (I expect monsters used to have nightmares about meeting Bastion in a dark alley), a random spell casting twentyforthling, monkey boy and the blind beserk dwarf. I also loved the idea of a braille spellbook.

Keep ’em coming guys it just gets better and better.

Wellard
    • Orc

Seriously Hal with one character 3″ tall ,one blind and the third obviously an arrant coward(eg I’ll sit at the back and use my bow) it is difficult to see how the party is going to function.Unless of course the replacement for Bastion is a Paladin of Torm.

ENoa4
    • Gelatinous Cube

I’m very curious to see how this will unfold. They do appear to be in dire straights.

errand
    • Gelatinous Cube

That was exhausting and extreamly entertaining. I am very much looking forward to the next episode to see how the new party dynamic works out. When is the next one due?

Asa
    • Commoner

This still ranks as my favorite episode so far.

I was amazed by the tenacity of the characters, they kept on fighting long after I would ahve run away. By the time half the party was disabled and you were doing only a few hitpoints of damage per round, I was screaming at them to run, but they wouldn’t give up.

I totally understand why Feylin loved using the wand of wonder. But during the battle I remembered that she also had a wand of acid that would have probably been a bit more useful (I guess Feylin just forgot about it). I suppose in the heat of battle even the most experienced adventurers can make mistakes.

I was so sorry to see Bastion die, but I suppose that’s part of playing in character. While meta-gamers might have fled as soon as people were getting seriously wounded, their characters cared more about killing thre giants then to saving their own hides.

Salubrai
    • Succubus

I think it’s not so much that the characters WANTED to kill the giants so much as they in their individual ways had no reason to run. Bastion just has to stick around to help his party, and cannot play against the lawful goody twoshoes he set himself up as. It’s what makes Tharus so different! Balaazar loves battle, even though he loves to do it from the back. And since he was blind, playing his character well – he attacked the rhino, wasting a combat action. EXACTLY what the nutso blind dwarf would do. I still haven’t figured out the elf yet.

And Feylin thought it was all fun and games until someone lost an eye. Or a cleric. I don’t see it as much an “epic group of adventurers unwilling to yield” as a group of players that played their characters just as they’d set them up, following their own narrative threads as good players – rather than what many players do and use out-of-game-knowledge to be logical in a way that might never occur to their own characters.

mchvlichldprdgy
    • Owlbear
    Shathis wrote:
    Balaazar loves battle, even though he loves to do it from the back.

OH GOD!!! BAD IMAGE!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘World’s Largest Dungeon’ is closed to new topics and replies.