Forums Archive RPGMP3 Chatter World’s Largest Dungeon And then I prepared to enter the dungeon

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Kevin
    • Orc

My dnd group just all put in some cash to buy the WLD, soon as it gets here in the mail its going to be so much gaming this summer (because none of us have lives). Now I have an excuse not to have listened to all the WLD’s other than an inability to do so.

Any vague tips on how I should go about prepairing for such an indever?

ENoa4
    • Gelatinous Cube

Roll a d20 and see if you make your save vs. Massive Books. 😆

In all seriousness, good luck.

Enoa4

Wellard
    • Orc

When preparing for the dungeon

1)Be alert

2)trust noone

3)Keep your magic missile handy

😆

Salubrai
    • Succubus
    Wellard wrote:
    When preparing for the dungeon

1)Be alert

2)trust noone

3)Keep your magic missile handy

😆

4) Stay at least 60 yards from bald dwarven battle wizards if you are of evil (or semi-neutral) alignment.

EegahInc
    • Gelatinous Cube

5) Don’t bother letting your halfling rouge try and disarm traps. Simply stand at a safe distance, toss her towards them, and duck and cover. 😈

Lindsay
    • Succubus

Grrrrrr

👿

Kevin
    • Orc

Haha, I think I may be a dwarven cleric or dwarven paladin. So lawful good I will be :). And yeps, thanks for the advice, I’ll be sure to keep in mind.

Quillion
    • Flumph

? are you DMing this or playing in this?

If we knew this I think you might get a few more serious answers.

Kevin
    • Orc

I’ll be playing, I only GM D20 Coc.

ENoa4
    • Gelatinous Cube

I miss playing. I play computer games, but there isn’t an opportunity nor the time to play. When my kids get older I’m going to MAKE them play. Is that wrong? Will that twist and warp them? I suppose they’ll have to make a saving throw to find out.

So what’s the right age to start playing? Is 4 old enough?

Kevin
    • Orc

Its never too early to start playing, I actually started my first actual roleplaying game when I was five.

But yeah, Dnd rules, the earlier you get your kids interested in it the more they will like it? That and if they are older and you try to get them into it they will be all “no, i’m a evil teenager and that isn’t cool and stuff” *cough* my sister is like that when I try to get her to not hate dnd.

ENoa4
    • Gelatinous Cube

I’ve played once or twice with my nine year old. He really loved it. I need one more player. My wife tried it, but the jury is out for her. She was a fun player, very entertaining.

Kevin
    • Orc

Yeah, for a good game its best to have three or four players. Unfortunetly I can only play on weekends, Friday night is Cthluhu, Sat is supposed to be Dnd. But due to recient things, not much has gotten done.

ENoa4
    • Gelatinous Cube

I used to DM almost exclusively but haven’t been in a real campaign since the mid 1990’s. 😥

Quillion
    • Flumph

Drive the DM nuts.

I would play an akashic from monte cook’s arcana evolved, and use my akashic knowledge to ask about the history of the region all the time.

I would also play a druid and carry a potted plant so I could cast entangle and lots of summonig spells.

I would also play a sorcerer with the web spell

oh and lots of anti extraplaner stuff,

A magic item creator would be cool.

I would Max out my ranks in diplomacy (unless your gm uses Gitp rules)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • The forum ‘World’s Largest Dungeon’ is closed to new topics and replies.