Forums RPGMP3 Podcast Audio Actual Play Recordings RPGMP3 Dungeons and Dragons Next (5e) Any more Phandelver coming soon?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    PrestoJeff
    • Thri-kreen

Is there any ETA for more Phandelver episodes?

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Yes – I am just being a slack ass and not uploading 🙂

I’ll see if I can get on my laptop tonight and get some uploaded for you 😀 I think I have about 3 in the Vault at the moment 😀

Hal :hal:

Slartibartfast
    • Gelatinous Cube

Awesome beans! 

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Yes – I am just being a slack ass and not uploading 🙂

I’ll see if I can get on my laptop tonight and get some uploaded for you 😀 I think I have about 3 in the Vault at the moment 😀

You could start rationing the Phandelver sessions: you don’t upload a new audio until people have posted a certain number of comments on the latest episode(s).

That way, you get (pseudo-artificially) increased activity on the site, and the listeners get more audio. 🙂

Also, if you store the audio files in a Dropbox or similar, one of the other admins could upload the audio for you, to speed things up.

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

But Monkey – then we would never release new audio 😛

We do need to streamline the upload and release process – @[member=”Thing”] was working on an integrated form that might make things a little easier…

bodahn
    • Commoner

Hi Hal, et al,

Can you please provide me your postal addresses so I know where to send the bill for my LMoP podcast withdrawl recovery? 

I self-admitted myself into a rehabilitation program due to having to go cold turkey since your last update.  Now that I am “cured” and am again a mostly-fully-functioning adult in society, Step 6 in my recovery is to face my demons (you) and Step 7 obtain closure (give me the money you owe me for getting me addicted to your podcast, falling in love with the characters, only to pull the rug from under me and leave me a quivering mess).

$5750 Australian dollars, which is about US $25.50

Thanks,

Rory

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Hey Rory! Don’t worry, I can settle the bill right away. 🙂

Now let’s see, since you’re not a Patreon, that means you’ve paid exactly $0 for the pleasure of listening to any and all podcasts available for free on the site. So, here you go:

Zero-Dollars.jpg

Of course, if you want Hal to send you the non-existent sum of money that he owes you, you’ll have to pay a minor processing fee, which will, with 100% certainty, exceed the $0 you’ll be receiving. (So it’s probably not worth the bother, eh?)

Now, rather than going cold turkey, a much more sensible approach would’ve been to gradually wean yourself from the addiction by listening to other podcast episodes on the site: either switch to another gaming group on the site that you’ll find less enthralling (although that would be difficult, since all the groups contributing audio around here are pretty dang amazing, so you’d most likely end up with multiple addictions, at the end), or, alternatively, work your way back through the archive and sample the older campaigns that Hal played in or GMed. The content quality of those sessions is just as superb as – and in some cases, even more than – the new sessions, but the audio quality is not as good, which might help reduce your unhealthy attachment to invisible people shouting “BEAR!” in your ear.

Hmm, it looks like your account on the site was opened today.

That must mean that you’re new to the site, and you haven’t noticed all the other audio available here – there’s literally over 1,000 (!) sessions in the free download section, with plenty more special sessions in the Patrons-only area.

Have a nice day.

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

MOD VOICE:

Sorry, had to make an edit to remove the snippier remarks. Play nicely, kiddies, let’s keep RPGMP3 as friendly as it always has been.

Telemergion
    • Owlbear

Was there a thing and I missed it? Noo! My chance for moronic commentary!

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

Was there a thing and I missed it? Noo! My chance for moronic commentary!

You have to be quick. Competition for moronic commentary is fierce here on the Internet.

kendoyle659
    • Thri-kreen

Hi Hal, et al,

Can you please provide me your postal addresses so I know where to send the bill for my LMoP podcast withdrawl recovery? 

I self-admitted myself into a rehabilitation program due to having to go cold turkey since your last update.  Now that I am “cured” and am again a mostly-fully-functioning adult in society, Step 6 in my recovery is to face my demons (you) and Step 7 obtain closure (give me the money you owe me for getting me addicted to your podcast, falling in love with the characters, only to pull the rug from under me and leave me a quivering mess).

$5750 Australian dollars, which is about US $25.50

Thanks,

Rory

I would also happily recommend some of the other groups. Bradford Adventuring Guild People for a few Epic campaigns and Whartson Hall for a wide variety of systems, puns and double entendres.  

Aethyr
    • Thri-kreen

… and Whartson Hall for a wide variety of systems, puns and double entendres.  

Don’t forget the awesomely accurate impersonations and spot on accents done in the group! 

insert witticism here

Ein_Eichhoernchen
    • Commoner

Speaking of patrons:

I’ve wanted to ask for quite some time if there would ever be a way to become a patron without using a credit card? I have enjoyed listening to you all for years and tried to occasionally donate, but I’m not getting a credit card solely for subscribing.

Thanks.

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Patrons go through Paypal so anything you can tie to a Paypal account can be used for payment.

Lockhart
    • Owlbear

Patrons go through Paypal so anything you can tie to a Paypal account can be used for payment.

Indeed, this. My default Paypal method is through my bank account, not credit card.

@bodahn

I’m sure Hal will be releasing more Phandelver down the pipes soon, perhaps we can make reparations in that method (totally not trying to get you off the wagon again XP )

We have kept playing (as our busy schedules allow) and are in fact pretty much wrapped up with the Beginners box. And I may be staging a GM coup to get back into power (Mwahahaha!)

If you enjoy the dynamic of the Phandelver group I would recommend Shattered Star, as it contains Me, Hal, Thing, and Lindsay, and Nick pops in occasionally as well. And it’s not as if that has ever gone on a massive release hiatus XP

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.