Forums Archive Roleplaying Chatter General RPG Stuff Battlegrounds finally released

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    riddles
    • Succubus

A little later (OK, nearly a year) later than heruca (the guy writing it) would have wanted but Battlegrounds has finally been released.

To quote the website:

Quote:
    Battlegrounds: RPG Edition (or BRPG, for short) is an online virtual tabletop for use with any “pen and paper” role-playing game system. It’s a multi-platform software tool that breaks down geographical barriers, by letting you play your favorite RPG with friends who live far away. It also enables you to play more games than you might otherwise be able to. For example, if your local friends aren’t interested in a particular game you want to play, BRPG enables you to play that game with an online buddy, even if that person lives halfway around the world.

It’s very pretty and even though it doesn’t do everything I’d want at the moment, the development seems to be pretty frantic (about 60% of the delay in release was adding stuff that people on the forums “had to have”).

I hasten to add that other than my buying it myself, I’ve got nothing to do with the site and Battlegrounds, other than a few posts (and not very many at that). One thing I really like about heruca though is he’s got links to all his competitors on his links page, and encourages people to check them out.

And of course with the Halpins going across the pond, something like this may help to keep the audio alive… (and no water based pens to loose too!).

ENoa4
    • Gelatinous Cube

I am hopelessly behind, and still have two sessions of WLD to listen to. Did Hal and Lindsey move? I knew they were headed to Texas but wasn’t sure if it had happened yet.

riddles
    • Succubus

They’re still here at the moment, but are at the selling the house/packing stage…

ENoa4
    • Gelatinous Cube

So what happens to rpgmp3.com and the original group we all heard in WLD?

XRayLexx
    • Orc

Looks good.

May download and try it.

My mates currently dont wanna play so Im looking for players.

riddles
    • Succubus
    ENoa4 wrote:
    So what happens to rpgmp3.com and the original group we all heard in WLD?

Hal keeps saying “watch this space” so I guess he has a plan…

riddles
    • Succubus
    XRayLexx wrote:
    Looks good.

May download and try it.

My mates currently dont wanna play so Im looking for players.

I like the fact that heruca is very proactive and responds quickly to his users. Also, there is a section in the forums (though not very heavily used ATM) for games seeking players and players seeking games.

XRayLexx
    • Orc

I shall investiblate….

woojitsu
    • Gelatinous Cube
    XRayLexx wrote:
    I shall investiblate….

Investiblate (verb) – The act of pulling the cord that inflates the life vest found under your seat in the airplane.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘General RPG Stuff’ is closed to new topics and replies.