Forums Archive Roleplaying Chatter D20 Battlemats

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Demonix
    • Orc

Anyone know where I can buy one online (UK only)?

Anonymous
    • Owlbear

You could try Leisure Games in the UK, follow the link below:

Battlemats at Leisure Games

I see from the pictures here that the WLDers are using a Chessex Battlmat.

FD

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

We are indeed using a Chessex Battlemat. WE have just purchased an new, larger, shinier one from the The Travelling Man.

All very nice and they also have an online store. Don’t know if they have Battlemats up online yet though 😀

Cheers

Hal 🙄

Demonix
    • Orc

I’ll take a look at thoose sites then.

Thanks.

😀

Kevin
    • Orc

Right now I’m currently planning on building a table that is about three by three feet. About two feet off of the ground, about three inches in and one inch set down into the table there is going to be a white board with permenent marker lines on it, we are going to use that for my dnd group’s mapything

Demonix
    • Orc
    Kevin wrote:
    Right now I’m currently planning on building a table that is about three by three feet. About two feet off of the ground, about three inches in and one inch set down into the table there is going to be a white board with permenent marker lines on it, we are going to use that for my dnd group’s mapything

A perfect table for a friend who’s the height of a halfling. 😀

Actually its quite a good idea, I was looking on a site last night where the guy has built a special table which has inbuilt lights, paper draws, dice holders etc… pretty amazing. If I find the link I’ll post it in here.

Anonymous
    • Owlbear

Awesome thanks!

Kevin
    • Orc

Cough… that was me… oops

Demonix
    • Orc

I found a link on EN World forums to this site…

http://www.agyris.net/v3/ugt/default.asp

Agyris Game Table – looks nice… plus cats like it so it must be good!

😀

Brad_Nelson
    • Commoner

I tried a white board with permanent marker lines forming a grid. The problem I had was that dry erase markers actually had some type of solvent in them that would smear the permanent lines when I used them.

What I’ve ended up doing (and it works quite well) is using a large magnetic white board. The board itself isn’t magnetic, but magnets stick to it unlike normal white boards. I then made sheets of 1″ grid dungeon tiles in photoshop and printed them out on photo paper. I cut them out in all sorts of room and dungeon corridor shapes. After that, I purchased sheets of magnetic material that is glue coated on one side. I stuck this on the edges of the tiles that I made. I also put it on the bottom of the figures we use.

The final result is dungeon floor tiles that I lay on the magnetic white board which lays flat on our table. The tiles stick to the board via the magnetic strips on the bottom of them, and you can lay the flooring out as you wish. The layouts you can create are pretty flexible and I can always cut out some more pieces if needed. The figures also now stick to the board so that a bit of a jostle to the whiteboard doesn’t knock them off. They are all easy to remove from the magnetic board. Since the board can also be used with dry erase markers, we can have pretty elaborate maps.

Sometime when I can get an image of what I’m talking about, I’ll post it here.

The pricest part of all of this is the magnetic white board. It’s a lot more expensive than a normal white board. The one I purchased was about $100 USD and is about 4 ft. x 6 ft. The magnetic material is about $10 for a 1 ft x 1 ft panel, which really goes a long way.

mchvlichldprdgy
    • Owlbear

I just took a sheet of posterboard, covered it with a grid, one inch squares, then got it laminated. It works well enough, though I still need to find better markers to use on it.

Daniel
    • Succubus

The best method I’ve found is thus:

You Will Need:

o) 1 White Board of Desired Size

o) 1 Marker pen of a dark colour

o) 1 ruler 12″(30cm) or larger as desired.

o) 1 pot, sml of acrylic pain in desired colour

o) 1 fine paint brush (available at all modeling/art stores)

How To:

o) Draw out your grid (1″/25mm squares are the standard measurement), with you marker pen.

o) Adjust the grid as desired.

o) Using the paintbrush and paint over your previous lines to allow the grid to be permanent.

o) Once dried you will be able to enjoy your new battlemap and remember! Boards like this make great prezzies for your local GM (and its a surefire way to get you into your GM’s good books).

Dungnmaster001
    • Orc

I’ve always wanted one of these http://www.ultimategamingtable.org/

Just have nowhere to put it in my tiny little apartment.

eformo
    • Gelatinous Cube

Paizo publishing sometimes sells slightly irregular battlemats for MUCH lower prices.

We got the middle size, I think it’s the mega mat. It’s large enough that there’s no place left for books except on top of the mat at our table. It was about 80% off of the regular price and honestly, if I hadn’t been told it was irregular, I wouldn’t have known. The cutting is slightly askew and the single row of squares on the very edge is compromised. Otherwise, perfect. Better than perfect for me, because I didn’t want to pay full price.

Not sure about UK availability.

centauri
    • Owlbear

I give you… The Sultan

http://www.geekchichq.com/The_Sultan_.html

To keep his Alea Tools magnetic discs from moving around, my DM uses steel plates under his battlemap, but there’s also… Magna-Map!

http://www.dark-platypus.com/magna-map.htm

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • The forum ‘D20’ is closed to new topics and replies.