Forums Archive RPGMP3 Chatter Dungeons and Dragons 4e Busy Times for 4e

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    PaulofCthulhu
    • Owlbear

3831620058_f0a70a1abd_o.jpg

5monkeys
    • Thri-kreen

Martial Power 2!?

D&D really is made by a company that peddles CCGs isn’t it.

popper
    • Orc

Not much worth buying until August.

MelkiorWhiteblade
    • Owlbear

Castle Ravenloft boardgame? OMG, you too?! I can’t wait! [/sarcasm]

Well, isn’t that line up just crazy. They probably intend to make those releases too. [/sarcasm again]

Like FFG, how can they expect to move that much product in this economy? Is it the ‘our target audience is teens and college students who have the largest disposable incomes’ mentality?

sigfile
    • Commoner

Eh, a lot of that lineup is thinner than it looks. That’s averaging slightly less than one major release per month. The PH: Racial books are tiny, anything marked “Mini” is just another set of miniatures, and then there’s the assorted adventures and dungeon tiles.

Anonymous
    • Owlbear

It’s nice to see Tomb of Horrors on the list. 🙂

PaulofCthulhu
    • Owlbear
    5monkeys
    • Thri-kreen
    Jomster wrote:
    It’s nice to see Tomb of Horrors on the list. 🙂

Dont’ let Glen hear you saying anything like that.

Fox
    • Thri-kreen

I’m certainly looking forward to Tomb of Horrors. I would also like to see Undermountain, but that might just be me. Interesting product line up though. I’ll have to take a look at Against The Giants when it comes out.

Vaeron
    • Thri-kreen
    MelkiorWhiteblade wrote:
    Castle Ravenloft boardgame? OMG, you too?! I can’t wait! [/sarcasm]

Well, isn’t that line up just crazy. They probably intend to make those releases too. [/sarcasm again]

Like FFG, how can they expect to move that much product in this economy? Is it the ‘our target audience is teens and college students who have the largest disposable incomes’ mentality?

Hehe the Ravenloft boardgame does sound silly, we’ll see.

So far as I know, they’ve not missed a release date (on a physical product) yet, with 2-3 book releases per month.

If the strategy wasn’t working, they probably wouldn’t keep doing it 🙂 By having limited the number of powers available to classes in each of their releases, they kind of have players by the balls… they can stick with the original, cookie-cutter powers given in the PHB, or buy the supplemental material to keep up. When they were designing the system they definitely had that sales strategy in mind.

There’s an amazing amount of variety and customization now available… so much bloat, in fact, that if it weren’t for the Character Builder I doubt any human would be able to keep track of it.

Keener
    • Drider

Nope absolutely not FORUM OF SHAME FOR YOU FUCKER 👿

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Dungeons and Dragons 4e’ is closed to new topics and replies.