Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    BigJackBrass
    • Drider

File Name: Chill Session 01

File Submitter: BigJackBrass

File Submitted: 22 Apr 2012

File Category: Chill

Genre: Horror

Profanity Level: Jolly Sweary Indeed

The heroic envoys of S.A.V.E. battle to free the world from the tyranny of Horrors from the Unknown in this scenario for the classic RPG from Pacesetter

https://www.rpgmp3.com/files/game_recordings/Whartson_Hall_Gamers/shorts_and_one_offs/chill_part_01.mp3

Click here to download this file

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

It’s been a while since we tackled CHILL and I found myself looking through the rules again this week, wondering if they might fit well with Stalking the Night Fantastic. Our <a href="https://www.rpgmp3.com/ipb/topic/6675-rogue417-session-01/#entry85134” class=”bbcode_url”>recording of Fringeworthy certainly reminded me how much I like the Tri Tac games, but there’s no denying that the rules have a few rough areas (I’ve heard other people describe them as “unplayable,” which is clearly untrue although I do sympathise with that impression to a degree). Since CHILL covers similar ground to Stalking it could be a good fit.

… and then naturally that led me to start looking through all of the Pacesetter RPGs on my shelf. Until quite recently that shelf held the full line, since Pacesetter has been defunct for more than 25 years, but things have changed. Phil Reed bought Star Ace and has made it available again. Better than that, Daniel Proctor of Goblinoid Games not only now has the rights to TimeMaster and the weird, innovative SANDMAN game, he has also started releasing new games using the Pacesetter system, including zombie horror RPG Rotworld and the urban magic setting of Majus. Only one huge, glaring gap remains: CHILL.

The rights to CHILL are in the hands of a group who attempted to make a third edition, failed to raise the rather excessive amount of cash they asked for and then effectively disappeared, so the game is highly unlikely ever to return. So, Dan Proctor did something different: <a href="http://goblinoidgames.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/on-this-friday-13th-cryptworld-emerges.html” class=”bbcode_url”>CRYPTWORLD has just been released and it’s very much the spiritual successor to CHILL. Sadly, the old CHILL adventures and supplements won’t return, but if you’ve listened to our game and fancied playing it yourself then this is easily the best way to go about it, as copies of first edition CHILL are becoming rare and often expensive. Well worth a look.

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

Complete sets of the original Pacesetter CHILL box set don’t turn up terribly often, but I spotted this evening that a seller in the UK currently has one on eBay. There’s no information on postage outside of the United Kingdom; it might be worth dropping them a line if you’re overseas and fancy bidding.

Needless to say I have no connection with this seller at all, merely passing this information along as a point of interest in case you might have listened to our CHILL sessions and fancied trying it for yourself.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.