Forums Archive Non RPG Chatter Non Gaming Chat Cough, Sneeze, Drool…Im dying!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Lindsay
    • Succubus

Pity me…i have the lurgy!

😥

Balgin
    • Succubus

Oh that’s terrible. I woke up this morning (okay, way before dawn but it was too late to really call last night) with a really badly blocked nose. I had to breath through my ouht and was too tired to get up and find anything to blow and wipe it on.

I hope things clear up for you ’cause a nasty cold can be a real pain. It’s like paper cuts. How come they always hurt so much more than really serious wounds?

Lindsay
    • Succubus

Thats so true…Ive been sick since yesterday and have basically slept all weekend, although i woke during the night and couldnt get back to sleep…its really sucks!

🙁

Sinister-Ornament
    • Gelatinous Cube

Sinister Ornament psychically projects healing thoughts Northwards.

Dragonkin
    • Thri-kreen

Aww… hope you get better soon.

Kinda know how you feel though, as I managed to fall and break a bone in my arm (right at the elbow) earlier this week… treacherous ice. =/

Lindsay
    • Succubus

Eek that sounds painful!

Hope you feel better soon

🙂

Dragonkin
    • Thri-kreen

Thank you =)

Yeah, as broken arms go it’s actually not that bad… because of where the break is, I don’t need a sling or cast, and actually have some mobility now that the swelling and intense pain have lessened a bit. I’m still on pain meds and can’t straighten my arm, not can I really put any pressure on it, but I have enough mobility that I can still type and carefully use a mouse for shorter periods of time, meaning I don’t have to stay home from work either (which is a pity, but means I don’t lose as much money). I have to be very careful with the arm though, and am due back to the hospital in about ten days to see that it heals properly.

So all things considered, and willingly risking to be lynched for the awful pun, I’d say that under the circumstances I caught a lucky break.

Thing
    Admin
    • Drider

*hugs*

i always make some heavy garlic humous, soup and other foods when a bug gets into me. I’d send some ove, but they wouldn’t be very tasty by the time they arrived and I would probably be disappeared to a prison for sending a biological threats.

So far I have been relatively healthy this year, of course we just got 2 inches of rain yesterday and another storm is coming in that is supposed to drop another 2-6 inches tomorrow so i may come down with some sort of fungal rot.

SnackGirl
    • Thri-kreen

If it’s what i’ve had then you’ll feel better tomorrow! I’m pretty much over it now, after sleeping about half of the last three days, though my throat is still sore.

Very sorry if you caught it from me 🙁

Lindsay
    • Succubus

Hi Helen..i did wonder, but to be honest, i wasnt feeling stunning at my party…When i went to bed i felt really bad, so i think i already had it.

Im slightly more awake than i have been over the weekend, but i cant get my nose to stop running… 🙁

XRayLexx
    • Orc

There a lot about at the moment. I seem to be lurching from cold to cold to hayhever to lurgy all the time.

Thing
    Admin
    • Drider

I’f I am not online tomorrow it is because they upped the rain estimates for tonight/tomorrow from 4-6 inches up to 10 inches with winds 30-45 mph so I might be without power.

Boonide
    • Thri-kreen

Squeeze a bit of lemon in your tea. Works wonders. Put a few shavings of the lemon skin in there too.

Chicken soup is a farce compared to lemon-tea.

Unless you absolutely hate lemons.

Salubrai
    • Succubus

*Casts Greater Restoration*

swj719
    • Succubus
    Lindsay wrote:
    Hi Helen..i did wonder, but to be honest, i wasnt feeling stunning at my party…When i went to bed i felt really bad, so i think i already had it.

Im slightly more awake than i have been over the weekend, but i cant get my nose to stop running… 🙁

At least your nose will be in great shape!

*A wounded rimshot sounds, followed by crickets*

Damn… Tough Crowd…

I feel like a very large pile of crap this morning myself, and a bunch of people I know and respect havebeed dealing with a 24 hour bug burning through the ranks…

Hope you feel better Lindsay… Just think how warm it’ll be in Texas compared to the UK…

*sends Lindsay healing thoughts*

But speaking of your party… Are there pics of this event? 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • The forum ‘Non Gaming Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.