Forums Gaming Chat Roleplaying DnD5 Release Dates

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

So the release dates for DnD 5 are out…

Wonder if it is any good. I am a little concerned that we no longer seem to consider the Dungeon Master’s Guide to be important enough to release before we get some adventures out there…

DnD Product Release Dates

734025.png

I know I will likely pick up at least the Player’s Guide to see what it is like but I think like a lot of people I am pretty happy with Pathfinder at the moment…

We will see if we can get some games out on here pretty soon after it is released for you guys to hear it…

Hal :hal:

Spykiller
    • Commoner

I never picked up 4th, but maybe 5th is better? Any actual play podcasts from the official Wizards podcasts?

Lockhart
    • Owlbear

I am more than willing to pick up any ‘free trial’ module of the rules and give it a go. However, it would have to really wow me to get a considerable grasp of my investment. For me, adventure support is a huge contribution as to which system I’ll support. I don’t have the time or wholesale creativity to do homebrew. And Paizo and Pathfinder are simply one of the best at that.

tomlib
    • Orc

My group gave 4th Edition a more than fair chance running several games using the system. I’ll be interested to hear how they try to fix The Grind issue along what we found to be largely a monotonous combat system.

The reality is that we probably won’t purchase it. Maybe it will be great. We’ll see.

Tom

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

I never picked up 4th, but maybe 5th is better? Any actual play podcasts from the official Wizards podcasts?

Penny Arcade & PVP & WotC have a few AP episodes (in their series 5) that seem to be entirely character creation, i.e. no actual play in their Actual Play.

The RPG Academy (formerly the DnD Academy) claim to have been running a D&D Next Actual Play podcastin’ campaign, but some of the first episodes seem to have disappeared. (Presumably lost in their site move shuffle.)

WerewolfPaladin
    • Thri-kreen

I’m curious about it, because hey, it’s D&D, but I wasn’t overly thrilled with where they were going when I played in the early runs of the Playtest. I’ll probably pick up the cheapish Starter Set that’s due out in July and see what I think from there.

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

I’m thinking the starter set might be a good time to get some audio out to the site with how we all like it 🙂

Lockhart
    • Owlbear

*actually reads article* Ooo, interesting. They are getting a bit more adventure intensive, and farming out module making to one of the top 3rd party Pathfinder publishers to boot. Very shrewd of them.

Though…It is REALLY odd how the monster manual and DM Guide (which includes all magic item rules) Are released months after launch. I mean, yes, having an adventure at launch is good, it’s great really. Adventure modules are a good way of establishing the tone and taste of the game and how it is different from others. But Homebrew and twerking adventures is still a very large part of the game, and you’re asking your initial buyers to wait months before those rules? Come on wizards. Surely someone at the company has some business acumen don’t they?

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

What the hell is a twerking adventure?

hippo_twerking__by_honey_hippo-d6goycx.g

Just trying to beat Monkey to it 😀

Lockhart
    • Owlbear

It’s possible I meant Tweaking instead.

*commence the meeting of the secret shadow council that no one is to know, remember, or speak of, to determine details of 5e game planning*

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

commence the meeting

Oh, so that’s why the RPGMP3 Pros hardly ever release any new audio. 😉

meetings.gif

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Actually we have been having some technical difficulties with our connection caused by Comcast being useless. At the moment they think the local network where Lindsay and I are is close to capacity so we are topping out and getting crappy service when we do video conferencing and even just audio.

I have been playing phone tag with their “Executive Customer Support Team” for almost two weeks. I have left probably 10 messages and every time I get a call back it is during something at work so I can’t answer and she refuses to discuss things over email (I guess that’s because they hate having a record of their lies – I have never ever ever received any of the reimbursements they have promised when I have had an issue – not once).

If there was a half-way decent alternative we would have switched long ago.

I want Google Fiber damn it!

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

I have been playing phone tag with their “Executive Customer Support Team” for almost two weeks. I have left probably 10 messages and every time I get a call back it is during something at work so I can’t answer and she refuses to discuss things over email (I guess that’s because they hate having a record of their lies – I have never ever ever received any of the reimbursements they have promised when I have had an issue – not once).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqk9UlLbIkU

Alternatively, you could try contacting the NSA and asking them nicely for their recordings of your conversations with Cumbla- err, Comcast.

2013-07-01-283.png

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

In related news, there’s a guy on Tumblr who’s working on a D&D Next intro package, with pre-gen characters and the whole shebang.

Lockhart
    • Owlbear

*whispers from the plans of the shadow council*

One DM, Four Players.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • The forum ‘Roleplaying’ is closed to new topics and replies.