Forums Archive Roleplaying Chatter General RPG Stuff Dragonmeet 2005

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Wellard
    • Orc

Is this happening.I ask because I’d like to go but there has been no info at all regarding it.if it is happening it would be great if we could organise a UK rpgmp3 meet there.

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Paul and I have been to the last 2 and it is certainly a good event and well worth attending.

According to Phil Master’s the 2005 event will be on the 3rd of December 😀 We normally make a weekend out of it.

It would certainly be a good opportunity to meet some of the UK users of the site 😉 Might even manage to persuade Lindsay to come to this one 😀 She has gone shopping around London on the past 2 😀

It is a fun event and well worth attending 😀

Lets see what we can organise 😀

Hal :hal:

WerewolfPaladin
    • Thri-kreen

I’d love to meet you guys, but I’m afraid that’ll have to wait until after my girlfriend and I get married and are celebrating an anniversary with a trip to England. I love gaming conventions though.

Wellard
    • Orc

I should admit that I went to the first ever Dragonmeet back in the 70’s when it was run by what is now the evil empire(ie G**** W*******) It was there that I bought the first 1stE players Handbook sold in the UK(10 minutes before the official start of the con)

God,I really am a Grognard

Wellard
    • Orc

Well it appears that the Dragonmeet Website has been sabotaged

All I get is a message telling me “Spykidz ownsyou”

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

They got the pants hacked off of them!

Ah well! It is still the 3rd of December and I have enough holiday days left to go and play down there again 😛

Might even get half a table and pimp the arse off the site this time 😛

Hope to see a load of you there 😀 Might even have something in the way of T-shirts by then 😉

Ffaern
    • Orc

Aha! Company weekend in London is that very weekend. Saturday is the free day bit of it so I could just be there; all the way from darkest Luxembourg.

Wellard
    • Orc

Well I will need to persuade my boss to give me the Friday Night off but I will move heaven and Earth to get there

Dragonkin
    • Thri-kreen

3rd of December, eh..?

Hmm… I should be in the country at that point, so exams allowing I should be able to pop by London…

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Just booked the time off work 😀

Should be very cool! It is a very nice little convention 😛 There is even Magic for those so inclined 😀

bredbored
    • Commoner

I attended with a friend last year. Amusing (but disarmingly easy) to take wagers with your travelling companions as to which other tube travellers are going to disembark at Kensington and join the queue.

Had an interesting game of HeroQuest, and some boardgame whose name I forget. I *really* wanted to get in a game of Dying Earth, but Pelgrane weren’t as organised as possible so I missed out. Gah.

Perhaps I’ll take SWMBO’s iriver and put it on “record”…

Kingsley

Salubrai
    • Succubus
    Hal wrote:
    They got the pants hacked off of them!

Ah well! It is still the 3rd of December and I have enough holiday days left to go and play down there again 😛

Might even get half a table and pimp the arse off the site this time 😛

Hope to see a load of you there 😀 Might even have something in the way of T-shirts by then 😉

Hal, you DO realise that with the dearth of dedicated listeners you have on this board and listening to the podcast, you could put together a staff of dedicated volunteers to do all your work FOR you. You could end up with the smallest table and yet the biggest staff at the entire convention. 😛

On a related note, though I’d certainly like to “pop down to London and say hello”, popping over from Japan is a BIT more of a challenge. 🙂 Wish I could be there, but I hope you all have fun anyway.

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Quite looking forward to it this year.

Will be interesting to meet some of you an stuff 😛

I suspect that Paul will certainly be there and Lindsay is coming along this time I believe. Not sure about Steve and Fin, but it would be nice to get a full house 😉

mchvlichldprdgy
    • Owlbear

You all should dress up in character.

bredbored
    • Commoner

Pleased to say that I made it, and had a fab day. Initially spoilt by the fact that Pelgrane weren’t running a Dying Earth session, made up for by them having copies of the rulebook signed by Jack Vance, Robin Laws and the other designers. So that was £30 gone in the first ten minutes. Signed up for the afternoon game they were running – a new modern hidden-horror d20 ruleset called Unremitting Horror. Good session, excellent play by most of the participants. The deadpan roleplay by one member, who was insistent that the demonic entity we’d just killed in the kitchen was just a fox, was priceless.

For the morning we signed up for good old Traveller (the d6 version). Superb home-grown scenario by the BITS team; I managed to posthumously kill the entire party with a seismic charge in the cargo bay (but at least the mean old corsairs didn’t get their hands on the Imperial Navy warheads).

Usual selection of retailers, and lots of copies of the World of Warcraft boardgame being fondled. Personally I think the new one by Kevin Wilson, Descent, looks miles better – amazing figures included – thought it’s just a variation on the Doom boardgame and we don’t play boards enough for another £55 (eh?!) to change hands.

Plenty of laughs to be had. The guy who went straight to the fibreglass weapons retailer at 10:10 and spent the rest of the day wandering the halls with a prized polearm kept us entertained, but the sheer pleasure of finding a few hundred kindred misfits in one happy place was blissful. Nice bacon rolls from the russians at the catering counter.

Looking forward to 2006!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
  • The forum ‘General RPG Stuff’ is closed to new topics and replies.