Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Lockhart
    • Owlbear

File Name: Dragon's Delve Session 26

File Submitter: Lockhart

File Submitted: 23 Feb 2014

File Category: Pathfinder

Genre: Fantasy

Profanity Level: Jolly Sweary Indeed

Down the Hatch

The party, with a fresh artifact in hand, explore down the hatch and through a gravity distortion field and find the prison of the Red Saint Azassarah. They promptly empty it of as many prisoners as possible.

Featuring:

Carter as the GM

Paul as Azurne

Kurtis as Trig

Scott as Davor

Vince as Milo

Mike as Raven

Intro music provided by amclassical.com

https://www.rpgmp3.com/files/game_recordings/Yorkton_Gamer_Guild/pathfinder_dragons_delve_part_26.mp3

Click here to download this file

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Yay! Thank you Lockhart and YGGernauts! 5f318cafd4848273088ece1a09d68449-d6t3spd

Also, sorry to hear that Kurtis’ brother had such a shitty year. 🙁 Hopefully things have taken a turn for the better, since then.

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Lockhart: “The lock has been jimmied…”

Vince: “How do we know the lock hasn’t been arnolded? 😉

Kurtis “If the lock had been arnolded, there would be several smaller locks kicking about. Topical!” 😀

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Hmm, since the Arnold scandal that was referenced happened in 2011, and you’ve previously mentioned that the Dragon’s Delve game was played/recorded on Wednesdays, and Kurtis mentions that the YGG was hosting a Munchkin tournament a week after this game, which was on May 25, 2011 according to the Guild Twitter feed – does that mean this session was played and recorded on May 18, 2011?

That’s less than three years ago, that’s a fairly negligible delay. 😉

Lockhart
    • Owlbear

That would appear to be the correct dating of this session, yes. 😀

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Have you considered running a Shadowrun game, at some point? It would certainly give you a chance to use your Rastafari Troll voice again. 😉

Lockhart
    • Owlbear

I have considered it, however it would take some time for me to learn all the rules to properly run a game, and either a module or time spent designing an adventure myself, as well as players invested in learning the rules. It’s a possibility, but for now Pathfinder is easy and has a high profit margin of fun.

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

At last! Mike’s character’s secret identity was finally revealed to the other PCs – and then they just hugged it out. 😉 The doppelgangers’ alignment change between D&D and Pathfinder is really rather jarring, when you’re used to viewing them as insidious monsters, and suddenly they’re just regular dudes with exceptional disguise skills. It’s been a constant nagging thought during Dragon’s Delve, ever since Raven was replaced by his doppel-double: when would the other shoe drop? When is the doppelganger gonna murder everyone in their sleep? And then he just turned out to be a bit of douchebag, but had no intentions of murdering anyone. (Well, anyone who wasn’t worth their weight in XP, anyway.) 😉

I have considered it, however it would take some time for me to learn all the rules to properly run a game, and either a module or time spent designing an adventure myself, as well as players invested in learning the rules. It’s a possibility, but for now Pathfinder is easy and has a high profit margin of fun.

*Cough* InSpectres *Cough* 😉

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Lockhart heart___free_by_kawiku-d760ry0.gif Dragon’s Delve.

Material wise, While I do support Adventure-a-week and have even given them a lot of money to get the Rise of the Drow compilation, Nothing I’ve seen from them has blown me away like the well handled nature of Dragon’s delve. Every encounter is interesting and well handled and makes something of the traditional dungeon crawl of repetitive battles and empty rooms into a most wonderful experience. Add in proper integration of the Brindenford material, and it’s a megadungeon that can really work as a a setting in itself.

While it could benefit from a modern re-do, ala Adventure-a-week, the material is still some of the best dungeon writing I’ve had the pleasure of purchasing.

And it certainly makes for some hilarious audio. 🙂

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

The players are having some difficulties mapping the dungeon:

Lockhart: “Door connects to door.”
    Kurtis: “Yeah, I know. I’m awesome, though.”
    Lockhart: “Yeeeaaah… Awesome with a capital ‘R’.” 😉
    Mike: “He’s speshul!”
    Kurtis: “My mom says I’m cool.”
    Scott: “No, she doesn’t.”
    *Laughter*

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.