Forums RPGMP3 Podcast Audio Actual Play Recordings Whartson Hall Gamers Empire of the Petal Throne Empire Of The Petal Throne Character Conversion

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    BigJackBrass
    • Drider

File Name: Empire of the Petal Throne Character Conversion

File Submitter: BigJackBrass

File Submitted: 28 Feb 2012

File Category: Empire of the Petal Throne

Genre: Historical

Profanity Level: Jolly Sweary Indeed

The Whartson Hall lot convert their EPT characters to the Tekumel: Empire of the Petal Throne system

https://www.rpgmp3.com/files/game_recordings/Whartson_Hall_Gamers/empire_of_the_petal_throne/empire_of_the_petal_throne_character_conversion.mp3

Click here to download this file

Slartibartfast
    • Gelatinous Cube

This is going to be one of those irritating ‘I like your old stuff better than your new stuff’ posts I’m afraid. 

I just listened to EPT again, after being inspired by a local Aztec museum exhibit.  Are there any plans for EPT or Tekumel to be played again in a future iteration of Whartson Hall?

PS – not that I don’t like your new stuff.

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

As it happens, a couple of Wharties rolled up characters for our imminent EPT game only last week 🙂 No precise date for the game to start, but I’m hopeful that we’ll get going in a week or so.

The idea is to start with a simple, short scenario we’re likely to actually complete, then see how it goes.

Slartibartfast
    • Gelatinous Cube

I look forward to hearing it! What version will you be using?

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

The original Empire of the Petal Throne. The Guardians of Order rules are awfully overcomplicated and clunky, in my opinion, one reason why our previous game stalled. If things go well but people want a system change then I’d be very tempted to use HeroQuest.

Slartibartfast
    • Gelatinous Cube

As long as everyone is happy with the rules set I don’t think it will matter.  I would like to hear a HeroQuest game though as I’ve not played that system yet but heard good things…  Is there a HeroQuest/Tekumel conversion out there?  Google gave hints but wasn’t very helpful.

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

I’m not aware of one, but the great thing with HQ is that it’s not needed. Converting NPC and creature stats makes little sense because they are really just a variable difficulty number, depending on the situation. Perfect game for running without prep (which does rather appeal).

Slartibartfast
    • Gelatinous Cube

I do enjoy running those games too 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.