Forums RPGMP3 Podcast Audio Actual Play Recordings Whartson Hall Gamers Empire of the Petal Throne Empire of the Petal Throne – In Ka'dái Gully Session 02

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    BigJackBrass
    • Drider

File Name: Empire of the Petal Throne – In Ka’dái Gully Session 02

File Submitter: BigJackBrass

File Submitted: 04 Jul 2014

File Category: Empire of the Petal Throne

Genre: Historical
    Profanity Level: Jolly Sweary Indeed

https://www.rpgmp3.com/files/game_recordings/Whartson_Hall_Gamers/empire_of_the_petal_throne/EPT_Bandit_Gully_02.mp3

Empire of the Petal Throne: In Ka’dái Gully session 02

EPTcover_zps8609fe9f.jpg

A slightly reduced team of Aethernauts forge on towards the inevitability of meeting some angry men with sharp sticks in cramped underground rooms and trying very hard not to get killed by them.

The Whartson Hall Aethernauts play through the Google+ Hangouts facility rather than face-to-face in a room. Despite our best efforts, listeners may find some reduction in sound quality as a result. Entertainment quality remains at our customary low level, of course.

The Aethernauts:

Amelia as Issa hiDaishuna, Magic User and follower of Hriháyal
    Mark (Riddles) as Bashan Khivasha hiChuyon, Priest of Thúmis
    Nick as Itlang hiTuruken, Warrior and follower of Dilinála
    Martin as Nebussa hiDaishuna, Magic User and follower of Ksárul
    Jason as Thekuto hiNokor, Warrior and follower of Belkhánu
    Jon as the GM, representing the Great and Puissant Seal Emperor of Tsolyánu

You can read more about the world of Tékumel and the Empire of the Petal Throne at http://www.tekumel.com

The intro and outro pieces by the very splendid Professor Elemental, used with his kind permission.

Click here to download this file

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

A slightly reduced team of Aethernauts […]

But it’s the same number of people listed in this episode description, as there were in the previous one – how were you “slightly reduced”?

Honey,_We_Shrunk_Ourselves_DVD_cover.jpg

Ah, of course. 😉

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

You’ll notice that simply lists “The Aethernauts” rather than “Aethernauts appearing in this adventure.”

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Fair point. 🙂

So presumably, this was the infamous Stephen Fry retweet that was discussed in great detail? :O

BJB: If you imagine a dice bag, and then someone selling it to you as an item of clothing – it’s sort of like that.
    Lordof1: Is it filled with a person?
    BJB: Not all of him, no.
    Isis: As much as will fit!

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Monkey – use the awesome site features I add 🙂 We can link directly to The Twitter with a nice box of awesomeness 🙂

Also – someone in Australia needs to purchase this and do a review, @[member=”Choothulhu”] ? Gift for the Mr?

Hal :hal:

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Fantabulous! What a marvellous age we do live in. 🙂

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

Also – someone in Australia needs to purchase this and do a review

For all the coverage it offers I think it’d be cheaper to slap some Humbrol on your scrotum.

PrestoJeff
    • Thri-kreen

Still listening to this and enjoying it a lot, but I notice that (as is often the case with Whartson Hall recordings) NIck’s voice is relatively loud and Jon’s is relatively soft.

Dr_Jomster
    • Orc

That’s interesting. They sound about the same level when we’re playing. Must be something to do with wires… And technology… And STUFF!!!

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

Weirdly they sounded about the same level when I mixed the file too. I’ll have to look again to see what I’m doing wrong. Prior to this file it was usually Nick who did the recording, so I’m surprised that the problem persists. #MuffleMarsh

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

Monkey – use the awesome site features I add 🙂 We can link directly to The Twitter with a nice box of awesomeness 🙂

It also removes the element of fear involved in deciding whether to click on a Pencil Monkey link… 😉

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

It also removes the element of fear involved in deciding whether to click on a Pencil Monkey link… 😉

I didn’t want to say anything but that was another reason to pull content over here 😀 It also helps prevent people wandering off to other sites 😀 Makes us more sticky, so to speak!

Slartibartfast
    • Gelatinous Cube

Also – someone in Australia needs to purchase this and do a review, @[member=”Choothulhu”] ? Gift for the Mr?

Already got somewhere to store my ‘polyhedrons’ – @[member=”Fin”] made me a chainmail one.  I haven’t had any problems with possoms since …

Oh, and great session!  That illusion spell is pretty nifty.

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

…NIck’s voice is relatively loud and Jon’s is relatively soft.

Nick has looked into this and assures me that his voice sounds a lot quieter on the recording of session three.

TFSakon
    • Flumph

Very good episode as usual. Very high quality of banter here.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.