Forums Archive Roleplaying Chatter General RPG Stuff Favourite Game?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Lets get some discussion going….

Whats your current favourite game and why?

I must say I am very taken with My Life With Master at the moment as I ran a one off recently. I will try and get an audio review done for you. It is not really traditional RP, but the system is very very elegant and works brilliantly.

Hal 🙄

Demonix
    • Orc

My current fave’ game is Zombies from Twilight Creations – the games are pretty easy to setup, players can learn how to play quickly and its fun to boot. When you get bored of the game you can buy the extra add-ons which make the game even more interesting.

I’ve played Zombies with people who dont like RPG type games and they loved it – so much so they now play RPGs with us! I guess its a stepping stone?

N-kun
    • Thri-kreen

there is no spoon/ninja ninja ninja/Underpants on the Outside/FFFR

this family of games are great, system so lite its almost non-existant and cinematic coolness, what more could you want?

Oh yeah if you want to know more ask mongo

WhiteKnight
    • Gelatinous Cube

Right at this minute I’d have to say GDW Traveller, but then I’m rediscovering it with a view to running it at the nationals.

Longer term I have to say despite the rules-heavyness of their approach I like FASA games. In particular I am fond of the two sides of the same coin that are Earthdawn and Shadowrun.

Lindsay
    • Succubus

Why, any game you run my love, of course!!!

😀

PaulofCthulhu
    • Owlbear

What an answer!

Who could ask for a better wife! 😀

My favourite game is errr, Call of Cthulhu. I find the support materials excellent and the setting strangely appeals to me.

Demonix
    • Orc

I wonder what Hal slips into Lindsays food/drinks? If anyone knows please tell me as I need some for my girlfriend!

😀

WhiteKnight
    • Gelatinous Cube

It’s no coincidence there are so many pharmacy students in the Bradford RPG society. . .

Demonix
    • Orc

A few of my friends are nurses and they also play RPGs… hmmmm…

😯

Fin
    • Thri-kreen

To return to the original topic of this thread, I really like Mage: Sorcerers Crusade.

The Rennaisance is a facinating period and the reversal between the Order of Reason which becomes the technocracy in later times being the “good guys” and the Council of 12 trying to stifle progress add in House Tremere’s recent conversion to Clan Tremere, War, the blossoming of Art and Science, The Antipope and you have a dynamic and exciting setting for games.

PaulofCthulhu
    • Owlbear

Which reminds me, the new Ars Magica 5th edition is out (or on it’s way), and it’s something I might look at.

Ars Magica 5th edition at Travelling Man.

Broken Covenant of Calebais at Travelling Man.

Cob37
    • Gelatinous Cube

I suppose mine would be D&D 2 E. But in all fairness, it’s the only game I am playing.

Unless you count “Chase the toddler” or “What’s That Smell?”

My son is 18 months old and he is learning words, animals, colors, etc. He also has mastered the roll of a d30, followed by clapping and a “Yay!”

Our games are 🙂 PG-13 while he is with me, then when mommy gets home she takes him upstairs and the game turns 😯 NC-17.

I have not messed up yet with the cursing but you know the first time I do my son will repeat it. Then I will be in trouble. 😳

My wife doesn’t game with us so she will have no 👿 sympathy.

Kevin
    • Orc

*Smashes head on desk,*

Can’t get out the invader zim theme, dodle do do do do dodle do do do do…

I would have to say my favorite game would be chaos earth, because not only is the cover the most awesome picture ever, but the game is cool too.

Just for reference on the cover is this dude in a futureistic space armour standing over a plot of american land, a beaten up american flag in one hand, fire burning behind him, as he stands proud victourious over the alian skum.

rizzard
    • Commoner

all time 2e planescape. major all time D&D 2e, then CoC. loving the 3e , old 2e FR modules are great in 3e. mage knight was fun for a bit till it cost me more than 100 bucks and i looked at the figs. just got a crate of D&D minis (aberrations) and i am quite impressed though i most likely won’t play the skirmish.

secret love non D20 gamma world

Cyricist
    • Commoner

Let’s see…

* D&D (mostly Forgotten Realms, Ravenloft)

* Vampire (I have yet to setup my first game though, but I like it A LOT, since I played it before)

* Munchkin (‘I search the room..’ 8))

Hmmm.. at the moment that is about it.. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • The forum ‘General RPG Stuff’ is closed to new topics and replies.