Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    BigJackBrass
    • Drider

https://www.rpgmp3.com/ipb/index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&id=1244

File Name: Flight 13 Session 01

File Submitter: BigJackBrass

File Submitted: 27 Apr 2015

File Category: GURPS

Genre: Horror
    Profanity Level: Jolly Sweary Indeed

https://www.rpgmp3.com/files/game_recordings/Whartson_Hall_Gamers/Flight_13_ep_01.mp3

GURPS: Flight 13 01 – Latex Nuns at Lolita High

cover_lg_zps0a3lrtuv.jpg

Separated by many miles, yet brought together through remarkable advances in SCIENCE, the Whartson Hall Aethernauts embark on a journey of nightmarish horror!

Presented, for your consideration:

The sun begins to set over the sleepy English capital of Manchester. Consider its airport. Examine these passengers – caught up in the modern world of iPads, vinyl, and Wimpy burgers.

Dr Melissa Courtenay, talented veterinarian and outdoorswoman.

Brian Hillman, genial and charming designer.

Sid James, computer nerd and reenactor.

Darrel Fisher, dreamweaver and rubbish author.

And one who needs no introduction – Ron Burleigh, lead guitarist of the legendary ‘Bad Grip’ (or was it ‘Grip Shaft’?)

All impatiently clutching their passports and waiting for their flight. Not one of them realises that all hold in their hands one-way tickets… to the Scary Place.

Ladies and Gentlemen. It’s the final boarding call… for Flight 13

If for some reason you’re determined to listen to what approximates for actually playing the game in our group then skip ahead a good ten minutes or so.

The Game: GURPS by Steve Jackson and friends. The adventure is Flight 13 written by W.G. Armintrout.
    Flight 13 intro is by Nick Marsh, featuring the track Twilight Deep Zone by forever_young, used under licence.
    The Whartson Hall Aethernauts play through the Google+ Hangouts facility rather than face-to-face in a room. With this level of horror we simply didn’t dare leave our houses.

The Players:
    Nick: Visionary, Majstro de Hororo, Procurer of a Bucketful of Horror That Will Shit You Up
    Martin: Ron Burleigh

Mark (Riddles): Sid James

Amelia: Dr Melissa Courtenay

Jon: Brian Hillman

Tim: Darrel Fisher

Click here to download this file

Hafwit 2.0
    • Orc

Nice! Looking forward to this.

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

I’m a little concerned that some people may find this adventure rather too horrific, so please take note of the following warning:

This recording is so scary it’s guaranteed to make you wee yourself a bit *

*Exclusions apply. Void where prohibited. Excessive consumption may have a laxative effect.

kendoyle659
    • Thri-kreen

I’ve listened to the first few minutes. Great stuff. Love the intro. No wee yet

lordof1
    • Orc

I’ve listened to the first few minutes. Great stuff. Love the intro. No wee yet

Please keep us micturupdated 🙂

Slartibartfast
    • Gelatinous Cube

Garth Marenghi would be proud.

Hafwit 2.0
    • Orc

The scariest bit was the lost child. Nick went all ‘Evil Dead’ at the end there. 😀

Great stuff!

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

Looking at it again, so long after it was released, Flight 13 had a really poor cover, didn’t it? Not exactly screaming horror and excitement at me.

Lockhart
    • Owlbear

Does…does the audio repeat from the beginning at the middle point of the recording for anyone else? Did my download mess up or something?

kendoyle659
    • Thri-kreen

Mine is fine. Maybe try redownloading?

Hafwit 2.0
    • Orc

Mine’s fine too. 

I agree about the scenario cover. It’s not terribly gripping.

Lockhart
    • Owlbear

It actually seems like the glitch was audio from the middle playing at the beginning…or something…and likely caused by downloading to my phone where I have to manually resume every time the app times out. in any event, still was able to listen to majority of it and looking forward to more.

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

Session two tonight! Nails have been bitten to the quick in anticipation.

kendoyle659
    • Thri-kreen

Great stuff. Thoroughly liked all the characters. There was true terror through the involvement of children in a number of scenes.  I loved the Dreamweaver’s way of solving problems with his unending supply of books. I wonder if there will be a battle of the bands between Bad Grip and Grip Shaft?

My full plate helm is doffed to Sid James for his creative manner of getting some arms and armour onto the plane. 

lordof1
    • Orc

Ahh, Grip Shaft 🙂

The dreamweaver did have some creative solutions to, uh, problems of his own making in this particular episode…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.