Forums Archive RPGMP3 Chatter World’s Largest Dungeon Food In The Dungeon

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Demonix
    • Orc

Where are the players getting their food from?

😯

HisDivineShadow
    • Orc

Slice of Darkmantle, anyone? Tastes like calamari. 🙂

TomBedlam
    • Orc

Ugg they can’t eat the Dark Mantle. They be wee fiendish beasties. If the lads ate ’em they would become evil or in the haflings case more evil. 😈

Seriously, I think they were eating those cat thingies they had killed in area A. Unfortunately, everything in those areas seems to be fiendish so their food supply may be dwindling. That is unless they are willing to eat sentient creatures. Orc burger anyone?

Dragonkin
    • Thri-kreen

I also believe that Bastion of Torm has now reached 5th level, enabling him to cast Create Food and Water?

SteveB
    • Orc

Hmmm, prior to 5th level the sources of nutrition were the trail rations brought in by the party and krenshar meat. Although I do believe several members of the party have eaten orc products. 😯

As we are now 5th level, I, as the ever glowing cleric of goodness, can now provide to the culinary needs of the party. Although, as said ever glowing cleric of goodness, I no longer need to eat or drink 8)

But I don’t think we’ve been keeping an eye on food as much as we should have, but as that’s not an issue now, we’ll forget it I feel 😳

** edit: and in the time its taken me to write this Dragonkin has kindly answered it for me 😉 **

TomBedlam
    • Orc

I see the ever-glowing Bastion of torm earns his keep once again. You are not half as broken as Hal keeps saying you are. 😉

Dragonkin
    • Thri-kreen

Well… it kinda makes sense…

Remember way back, at the start of session one? The party came to this place at the request of Bastion of Torm, because he was on a pilgrimage to a temple said to be on the mountain…

Now they’re on the mountain, in some kind of labyrinth, and Bastion is gaining powers left right and centre.

Coincidence? I think not… =P

Anonymous
    • Owlbear

Summon Beef jerky and Beer?!

😀

EDIT: I didnt know I was logged out – Demonix.

Anonymous
    • Owlbear

our party has salted some owlbear and has been eating that,

even though my cleric can cast food and water he finds it amusing that they half orcs are doing the cooking and has yet to cast it.

WhiteKnight
    • Gelatinous Cube

I have to say I’ve tended to let the whole food thing slide in a lot of my games. The policy started when I was GM’ing for a group who managed to maim two thirds of the party with a couple who would have been dead except for the clerical intervention, during the evening hunting expedition.

Honestly, I really do wonder why I bother with plot half the time. Just give the party a wild boar to throw themselves in front of and they’re entertained for hours.

Was considering running a game where it might be a critical skill, but players feel aggrieved if you kill their characters just because they failed to provision them before setting out.

I had considered The Mountains of Madness for CoC, no stores out in the Antarctic, or possibly Dark Sun, where water is the key issue, but food is to a lesser extent, particularly if you have half-giants.

Hmmm. . . Athas. . . Deserts . . . Desert of Desolation for first ed. AD&D. . . hmmm. . . 8)

Anonymous
    • Owlbear

we in our group have eaten everything from the orcs, to the ogre to the darkmantles, with our party wizards prestidigitation spell the darkmantles tasted quite good when sauted on the fighters steel shield with lemon butter sauce thanks to the wizard… check us out a http://www.riddleofsteel.biz/ACGL under worlds largest dungeon forum

N-kun
    • Thri-kreen

we have only just started WLD and are still in region A but so far we have eaten orc, and orc based products and stirge pan fried in an orcs helmet, my zagygonite wizard has taken ranks in cooking to produce the best flavors from our meagre supplies.

Anonymous
    • Owlbear

Guest: FunkyCricket

troglidite tail, smoked.

they seem to like it! hehe.

Quillion
    • Flumph

My adventures found a boar that Longtails expiditionary force had lost when the opaque wall of force locked them in the dungeon, so they ate well.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘World’s Largest Dungeon’ is closed to new topics and replies.