Forums RPGMP3 Podcast Audio Actual Play Recordings Pants Campers One Offs and Shorts Halloween Special 2013: The Silver Twin

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Daniel
    • Succubus

File Name: Halloween Special 2013: The Silver Twin

File Submitter: Daniel

File Submitted: 31 Oct 2013

File Category: One Offs and Shorts

Genre: Science Fiction
    Profanity Level: Mostly Clean, probably NSFW

The Pants Camper Theatre Presents…

BVMF-03.jpg

The Silver Twin

Four people journey into the heart of darkness, where they confront uncomfortable, strange and deadly truths about each other.

Adapted from a play by EVE: Online developer ‘CCP Abraxas’, the Silver Twin follows the adventures of four passengers on a spacecraft destined for Insecure Space.  Along the way they describe the circumstances that brought them there and one by one reveal their dark secrets…

Happy Halloween!

STARRING
    Alexander as, The Holy Sensual Empire
    Daniel as, The Sweet Transvestite
    Jess as, The Corrupt State
    Regan as, The Pansexual Federation

Tess as, The Scottish Republic

Click here to download this file

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Oh dear, that was certainly camp. 🙂 As always, the blooper reel at the end was one of the best parts, although the script itself made for a lot of amused spit-takes.

How much did you alter it from the original? Not having any knowledge of the EVE Online universe, the most immediate comparison that springs to mind is with the Transmetropolitan comics.

transmetropolitan07.jpg

The body modding, the sexual depravation, the ubiquitous corruption, the sex, the abuse of technology for instant personal gratification, the sex – quite similar, all round.

One point of criticism: Regan’s chipmunkified voice was almost completely unintelligible. It was just a load of squeaks. 🙁 Sad, really – it sounded like the man with the ‘silver twin’ is his trousers was an, umm… memorable character.

The intro and outro music was nice and cheerful, though.

Also, Danny? Why weren’t you playing a character? All your comments sounded like something you’d normally say. 😉 “Ooh, the ship is about to penetrate a big, sweaty chocolate star-gate. Mmm, watch out for black holes; they’ll just… gobble you up. Ahhh!”

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Your girlfriend sounds like a lovely young lady, Danny – and with the patience of a saint, if she can put up with your bullshit youthful shenanigans.

Jess: “You are so horrible to your girlfriend!”
    Tess: “It’s okay, I’m horrible to him.” 😛

Also, that line from your Tropis session, that ended up on the blooper reel? Ye should totes make it the new campaign slogan:

260qtqr.gif

Daniel
    • Succubus

Yeah, Regan’s voice sounded fine live, when we had the scripts in front of us; but when it came to editing there wasn’t really much I could do I’m afraid.

Sad, really.

As for how much I changed the script.  Mostly I removed the EVE-specific stuff to make it more accessible and butchered the tone.  The original is played straight which I figured wouldn’t really work for us, as a group.  I figured, if we were going to do this thing, we would need to make it as camp as possible.

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Love the GIF there Monkey 😛

Hal :hal:

Wildoneizzy
    • Commoner

I’m so glad I was drunk for that recording….

I kind of wish I were drunk for the listening too. 😕

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

How drunk are you gonna get for the Pantsies’ Christmas Special? Because Danny has totally promised that you guys would be making one. 🙂

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Ha ha ha! It would be great if we could get Christmas Specials for as many groups as possible this year 🙂

I need to get mine organized 🙂

Hal :hal:

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

The BAGgies were discussing a potential Santa’s Soldiers Halloween Special – not sure if it ever came to fruition.

Daniel
    • Succubus

I would be very surprised if a Christmas Speshal didn’t appear from our corner of the world.  This year we’ve decided to go for something a bit different and have out-sourced to a ‘fiend of the group’ who will choose an indy system for us to run a session of (as opposed to our usual Audio Play speshals).

As for drinking, once the system has been chosen I am intending to create a Drinking Game for the session which we shall partake in (with the possible exception of Regan – he can have Fanta again, I’m sure).

So yes: Pantsmas will happen and there shall be many a drunk Camper.

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

I would be very surprised if a Christmas Speshal didn’t appear from our corner of the world. This year we’ve decided to go for something a bit different and have out-sourced to a ‘fiend of the group’ who will choose an indy system for us to run a session of (as opposed to our usual Audio Play speshals).

Sounds like a horrible scoundrel! Hopefully, you’ll give that blackguard a tiny cameo as an NPC in your game – and then make sure he’s the first to die. 🙂

As for drinking, once the system has been chosen I am intending to create a Drinking Game for the session which we shall partake in (with the possible exception of Regan – he can have Fanta again, I’m sure).

• When the GM spontaneously bursts into the ‘Carol of the Old Ones’ – take a drink.
    • Every time someone kicks the airplane chocks out from under a reindeer’s hooves – take a drink.
    • When Santa rims someone – take a drink.

So yes: Pantsmas will happen and there shall be many a drunk Camper.

Y’know, with a pair of doll’s googly eyes and some superglue, you could turn your Pantsless nethers into an amusing Santa face – you’ve already got the ‘nose’ (and it gets bigger and redder when he’s excited). Just remember not to shave off the, ahem… ‘beard’. 😉

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.