Tagged: , ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Wellard
    • Orc

I,m James MacLennan and I live in the Highlands of Scotland. I’m 45 ,married to a lovely woman who doesn’t understand my hobby and the proud father of Christina Margaret (born 4th August 2003).

I started in this hobby at the age of 5 when my father got Donald Featherstone’s”Wargames” from the local Library. By the age of 11 I had a fairly wide ranging interest in all things military and joined the first Incarnation of the Inverness Wargames Club. In 1974 some of the guys introduced me to this weird game called Dungeons and Dragons(which I guess makes me one of the originals in the UK)and I started down the slippery slope to “Total Gaming Addiction”. The club broke up in 1978 when most of our members went to University and I continued with small private games for five years until I discovered a local gaming group. Two years later we became the “Inverness Role-Playing and Wargaming Association” which is still going strong twenty years later.

Cob37
    • Gelatinous Cube
    Wellard wrote:
    I,m James MacLennan and I live in the Highlands of Scotland. I’m 45 ,married to a lovely woman who doesn’t understand my hobby and the proud father of Christina Margaret (born 4th August 2003).

I started in this hobby at the age of 5 when my father got Donald Featherstone’s”Wargames” from the local Library. By the age of 11 I had a fairly wide ranging interest in all things military and joined the first Incarnation of the Inverness Wargames Club. In 1974 some of the guys introduced me to this weird game called Dungeons and Dragons(which I guess makes me one of the originals in the UK)and I started down the slippery slope to “Total Gaming Addiction”. The club broke up in 1978 when most of our members went to University and I continued with small private games for five years until I discovered a local gaming group. Two years later we became the “Inverness Role-Playing and Wargaming Association” which is still going strong twenty years later.

Hail and well met! Very cool to have an original grognard on the boards. I consider myself almost a grognard, having began in 1984 with 1E D&D.

So where does “Wellard” come from?

Wellard
    • Orc

Wellard Fannarsson was my last 2nd Edition character a Dwarf Fighter/Thief with the Pitfighter Kit(funnily enough I found his Character Sheet a couple of days ago so I may post his updated stats sometime). A bunch of us started on the web at about that time and we all used our then current characters for our Web IDs so you can find me on the Necromancer Games and the WoTC sites under the same name

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

I thought it was that dog from Eastenders 😛

BBC Character Site – Wellard

Tee Hee

Hal :hal:

Wellard
    • Orc

Thanks a lot Hal (exits stage right to sharpen his lochaber axe)

Cob37
    • Gelatinous Cube

Just for the record my name really is 8) Cob and my favorite number is ➡ 37.

Long story. 😉

thorgrim
    • Commoner

HI THERE JUST LOOKING FOR OTHER PEOPLE WITH AN INTEREST IN WARGAMES AND OTHER SUCH STUFF IN THE LOCAL AREA

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Introductions’ is closed to new topics and replies.