Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    McMouse
    • Commoner

I believe in the first session of Worlds Largest Dungeon, someone made references to Hob Nobs, and asked whether Americans knew what they were. Well, they dont. The question as to what the true nature of Hob Nobs was plagued me. Lucky for me, I had a trip to Ireland scheduled for later on in the month. I now sit and greet you from an internet cafe in Belfast munching on my first pack of Hob Nobs, and I have to say, they’re great.

If you’re American and want to know what they are, I have but a few words for you…

… come here and find out yourself! 😀

Slacker
    • Flumph

Truth be told, you can find them in your local “import” store…also known as the “British Mob”.

Just kidding, but I did find them in an Indian food store. Rock on!!

McMouse
    • Commoner

Really? We have a World Food’s store, but I didn’t see any Hob Nobs. Pickled squid? Yes. Hob Nobs? Nope.

mystika
    • Commoner

I lived in London for a little while and got addicted to Hob Nobs.

So when I heard the ol’ hob nob banter I was laughing.

Then when i moved back to LA I missed them only to find that my local market has an “english section” and there they were!

Only thing is they have made them look like they were really really fancy.

mchvlichldprdgy
    • Owlbear

Wait . . . Americans Don’t know! I make it my quest to go forth and educate the ignorant. Actually, the only way I know them is my 2 month stay in Ireland, but anyway . . . off to educate the ignorant with a big pointy stick. Must . . . find . . . import store. arg.

Cob37
    • Gelatinous Cube

Yup, we have a World’s Market near here and they had Hob Nobs, along with all kinds of other things I’ve never heard of. I didn’t buy, I’m a BBQ, Mac-N-Cheese, Mountain Dew kind of DM.

riddles
    • Succubus
    Cob37 wrote:
    Yup, we have a World’s Market near here and they had Hob Nobs, along with all kinds of other things I’ve never heard of. I didn’t buy, I’m a BBQ, Mac-N-Cheese, Mountain Dew kind of DM.

BBQ roleplaying?

“I love the smell of a burning PC in the morning, smells like VICTORY!” 😈

EegahInc
    • Gelatinous Cube
    riddles wrote:
    “I love the smell of a burning PC in the morning, smells like VICTORY!” 😈

Now THAT sounds like our old pal Balazaar! And come to think of it, Cob has a crispy fried dwarf named Slag in his campaign.

I’m all for Doritos and Fritos myself. What do you suppose the cholesterol level is for the average gamer?l

Cob37
    • Gelatinous Cube
    EegahInc wrote:
    What do you suppose the cholesterol level is for the average gamer?l

Mine was high until medication, so I would guess the gamer’s average cholesterol is high, higher, natural 20!

errand
    • Gelatinous Cube

Hob Nobs are available in the “ethnic” food section here in Canada. They are right beside the deepfried wasabi peas at Real Canadian Superstore for some reason. Very yummy. The manufactorer should throw into the tip jar cuz when I heard about them on the podcast, I went out got some to have with my tea.

Anonymous
    • Owlbear

I just tried my first pack of hob nobs. They pretty good but cost $5.29 for a can.

How much is it in the UK?

On another board I was told that Tim Tams are the ultimate cookie. I havent been able to get some locally but I have seen them available on the internet. Are they worth the money to ship them to the US?

McMouse
    • Commoner

Hmm.. If I remember correctly, it was somewhere around one pound fifty for a “roll” (dunno the right term) of them.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Non Gaming Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.