Forums Archive RPGMP3 Chatter World’s Largest Dungeon Hurricanes and Session 26

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 109 total)
  • Author
    Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Hey folks,

There is a hurricane heading straight for Lindsay and myself but Session 26 is up on the site and available in the Direct Downloads are of the forums as well.

Paul will have to update the Podcast for me as I can’t do it from here but he is a trustworthy soul and should get on it shortly 😛

Have fun with it!

Hal :hal:

Wellard
    • Orc

Just keep your head down mate

Salubrai
    • Succubus

Keep us updated if you can. We hope you are all ok.

riddles
    • Succubus

And don’t drive Lindsay too mad with board games!

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

I have all the old board games I used to have as a kid here as my parents just boxed everything and shipped it when they moved 😀

Rogue Trooper, Advanced Heroquest, Space Crusade, Mousetrap 😛 Just gets better and better 😀

Don’t think Lindsay is too keen though 😀

Have just been chopping down overhanging trees and the wind is starting to pick up a little. Should be raining soon I would think!

Thanks folks! I will check back in when I can but from what I hear if it is more than a light sneeze of a wind the electric will cut out 😀 The US really needs to bury its power lines like we do in Blighty 😀

Hal :hal:

Salubrai
    • Succubus

Apparently they do in some areas, and don´t in others. Houston is just not being sensible… seeing as how there are tons of hurricanes in the gulf. 😛

mchvlichldprdgy
    • Owlbear

See, the problem with burying them, and Britain has had big problems with this when they bury the lines farther out in the country, is that the pipes crack and leak as the ground shifts, and that erodes the covering of the cables and causes there to be a huge pocket of water trapped underground that has a constant elecrical charge running through it.

Geologically, Britain is more stable than some areas of the US, and thus burying wires is more sensible. Some areas in the us have ground shifts of 3-4 inches a year, just through natural soil and bedrock slide.

We had to deal with this when fixing our sewer line. The guy came and explained it to us, so now we have a spetic system which isn’t as problematic.

TomBedlam
    • Orc

Hey you two. The news is relating the awful mess that’s happening as we speak in the gulf coast, so take care of you and yours.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Salubrai
    • Succubus

Well, burying wires is what they do in Japan – and nobody would ever say this place is geologically stable.

Wellard
    • Orc

And don’t forget guys that Face is there too (mind you there is a lot of Texas to be in so I’m not sure if he’s beinf directly affected)

Face
    • Gelatinous Cube

Friend, that storm came nowhere near me. It turned north and east at the last moment; I believe I successfully frightened it off with my nudity.

It didn’t even rain here. I suppose that’s good, as it was this city that housed most of the evacuees from the coast, but I was kinda lookin’ forward to a little low-risk excitement.

Houston, however, was not nearly so lucky. I have to imagine that our fearless leader and his bunch are safe, but probably stuck inside for a while. 😛

TomBedlam
    • Orc

I’m glad you’re safe Face.

Now for god’s sake put some cloth on!! 😉

Face
    • Gelatinous Cube

Clothing ruins my effectiveness.

mchvlichldprdgy
    • Owlbear
    Face wrote:
    Clothing ruins my effectiveness.

No, just disguise, Think of it this way, if the evil villians see you with clothes on they understimate you, then you can disrobe and turn them all too stone.

Plus the police will let you outside your house with clothes on.

Salubrai
    • Succubus

Yeah, and anyway, how is Face going to be an effective streaker at the World Cup if he’s wearing a full suit of clothes.

It might be kind of funny if he wore a skin-tight skin-colored lycra body stocking, which everyone would be shocked to see at first and then realise “hey! he wasn’t REALLY naked”

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 109 total)
  • The forum ‘World’s Largest Dungeon’ is closed to new topics and replies.