Forums News and Information Introductions Introductiory blahblah

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    BaronBytes
    • Commoner

I’m a long time listener of the podcast and I was a patron at some point when I had a bit more money available. Always loved the idea of APs and the special brand of insanity of RPGMP3. While listening/watching Shattered Star I saw Roll20 and decided to get back into rollplaying through it. Joined a game of Reign of Winter and I’m having a blast. I’m also a French Canadian and loves how the french canadian seems to always be the first to die in your CoC games (Beyond the mountain of madness and Murder of Thomas Something). Anyway all this to say good job and dungeon on. 😀

ScaleGraze
    • Orc

Hello and welcome!

Out of curiosity, did you connect with gamers that you already knew, or just log onto the roll20 site and look for a group that was starting up?

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Welcome sir

Good to see so many people coming back to the site and gaming as a whole. 🙂

Roll20 is a great way to play games with folks from everywhere. I might have to start running some one offs for groups of random Patrons I there was an interest. 🙂

Hal :Hal:

generalofdisorder
    • Bullywug

Hello BaronBytes, welcome to the site. 🙂

Roll20 is a great way to play games with folks from everywhere. I might have to start running some one offs for groups of random Patrons I there was an interest. 🙂

Hal :hal:

Now that is an interesting idea.

BaronBytes
    • Commoner

Yeah I actually just logged in looking for groups at a specific time playing pathfinder and was very lucky that one was starting right there.

Thing
    Admin
    • Drider

Welcome to the ranks of the non-lurkers, @[member=”BaronBytes”].  

It’s great to hear how you where able to get back into roleplaying.

Roll20 is great when you can’t find a local group with compatible schedules, or just want to game with people that are far away.

Slartibartfast
    • Gelatinous Cube

I’m also a French Canadian and loves how the french canadian seems to always be the first to die in your CoC games (Beyond the mountain of madness and Murder of Thomas Something).

Wasn’t the Frech-Canadian the first to die in Vertical Limit too?

Telemergion
    • Owlbear

Hello, my French Canadian friend! Your presence on the site is as welcome as a poutine in my belly. Which is a lot. I could really go for a poutine, actually.

Yes yes, terribly lame stereotype, I know. But it’s cool; I’m one half French and my family helped found the province of Quebec so I’m allowed.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I know a poutinery down the street that delivers.

Chewzter
    • Orc

Hello and welcome!

The idea of one offs with randoms sounds interesting!

Lockhart
    • Owlbear

MORE CANADIANS!

*ahem* Well, it seems I’m quite late to the welcome wagon, but Hello anyway! Always good to have more peeps from the Great White North on the site.

@[member=”Telemergion”] You’re not allowed to make me crave Poutine. I haven’t found a place that does good Poutine in Regina yet 🙁 (Though Yorkton has a bar that does a rather excellent Poutine in my western Canadian opinion)

Aethyr
    • Thri-kreen

Well color me interested (I think it’s a shade of green) 🙂

insert witticism here

Telemergion
    • Owlbear

@[member=”Lockhart”] the more I hear about Regina the sadder I get. You don’t even have a good poutine? For serious style? Come to the Peg and I’ll get Josh to make the pulled pork poutine. That stuff’s so stick-to-your-ribs good it’ll tide you over for months… because it actually feels like it’s stuck to your ribs. It’s kinda heavy. You may never want to eat anything ever again. But totally worth it!

Lockhart
    • Owlbear

Well, in fairness, it’s more so that I haven’t been looking hard enough (or had the funds to). But, there’s always good ole homemade Poutine to be had as well.

However, next time I’m in the Winnipeg area I may take you up on the offer. Maybe I’ll get a chance to attend the October Comic Con again one of these years.

Telemergion
    • Owlbear

You should come to AtomiCon! It’s really small and I don’t advertise it much because there’s a much bigger one with the same name as also it started in my basement with just 4 people. Last year, though, we had over a dozen so it’s steadily growing and the venue is the same place as the poutine.

…although it’s still technically a basement… 

In fact anyone who wants to should come to AtomiCon. I can offer lodging at reasonable rates directly upstairs from the event hall because it’s a hotel where I work.

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

That’s not nearly terrifying nor particularly random. Or does it’s topical nature make it more terrifying and random?

[…] it’s a hotel where I work.

psychoduck.gif

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The forum ‘Introductions’ is closed to new topics and replies.