Forums Archive Roleplaying Chatter General RPG Stuff It seems Paul would like some 1E Action

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    ENoa4
    • Gelatinous Cube

I’d agree it has a lot to do with what you started on.

Cob37
    • Gelatinous Cube

I have heard of a few newer gamers who like 1E better because combat is simpler.

Whatever works I guess.

mchvlichldprdgy
    • Owlbear

1e combat is cool, because you get to wing lots of stuff, but 3e has a rule for everything, so the DM gets yelled at less, and it makes it alot more fun when you find a situation that has absolutley no rule set for it.

To prove the pointm here is a little bit of fiction:

DM:”So, you want to dive under the bear, throwing your holy water at the vampire, while activating your hat of disguise, and stabbing the hill giant.”

Player:”Yep.”

DM:”Well . . . ok, lets begin with the tumble check . . .”

Cob37
    • Gelatinous Cube
    mchvlichldprdgy wrote:

DM:”So, you want to dive under the bear, throwing your holy water at the vampire, while activating your hat of disguise, and stabbing the hill giant.”

This sounds like several actions in one round, two attacks and using a magic item. So the character in question has to be what level in 3E to do this many things in one round?

WerewolfPaladin
    • Thri-kreen
    Cob37 wrote:
    mchvlichldprdgy wrote:

This sounds like several actions in one round, two attacks and using a magic item. So the character in question has to be what level in 3E to do this many things in one round?

By the rules? Utterly impossible. That’s at least 2 standard actions (getting more than one attack should be a full round action, but let’s assume he’s hasted to get an extra attack): 1 for an attack, and 1 to activate the magic item. The tumble is a move action. In 3E and 3.5, you’re allowed 1 standard action and 1 move action each round, or 1 full round action for the entire round.

mchvlichldprdgy
    • Owlbear

I’d say a lvl 30, with an epic spell developed with the haste seed, and there is a feat or two that lets you attack as your tumble, I think, or not. anyway, I just made it up as an example, and it turned out to be a poor one.

I guess that proves there is a rule for everything.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • The forum ‘General RPG Stuff’ is closed to new topics and replies.