Forums Archive RPGMP3 Chatter Dungeons and Dragons 4e Keep on the Shadowfell Session 11

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Hey folks,

Got a bit behind these past couple of weeks with school starting up and stuff. Been running around a little bit. Things have settled now and I am pleased to present…

Keep on the Shadowfell Session 11

Filesize: 97MB

The party assault the Temple of Orcus and finally face the evil priest Kalarel on his home turf.

Some really nice use of “out-of-the-box” thinking in combat here. Also I had the players do character questionnaires before this session and there are haiku at the end 😉

we are continuing onto Thunderspire so let us know what you think 😀

EPICs Podcast Updated!

Hal :hal:

Lindsay
    • Succubus

Character sketches (minus James’ as he seems to have taken him home with him)

David

Ned

Goggles

Lindsay (who really can’t draw..at all..)

James
    • Gelatinous Cube

The best part is when Nyess delivers the killing blow

dkohaut
    • Bullywug

Great job as always. It is so much fun to listen to you guys. I wish I could join you for a game.

Falula
    • Commoner

I’m looking forward to listening to this later as I’ve been eagerly following for the past few months.

I’m looking forward to Thunderspire too as I think it’s a better module with a richer setting more ripe for character development.

ChibiSoma
    • Flumph

About halfway into it or so. Hoping to get through the rest after dinner. I’m glad that the adventure will continue on at least one more adventure. Hopefully in the future, we’ll get to hear more of this party’s journeys into the ridiculous.

But what will they do without Splug, providing he goes off to make thousands of babies with anything that moves?

5monkeys
    • Thri-kreen
    ChibiSoma wrote:
    But what will they do without Splug, providing he goes off to make thousands of babies with anything that moves?

Splug’s going with them.

eformo
    • Gelatinous Cube
    5monkeys wrote:
    ChibiSoma wrote:

Splug’s going with them.

You’ll notice that Splug seems to be growing more civilized as time goes on. One of the rewards that was offered to him was turned down entirely, something he was interested in before. Of course, this time they vanquished undead in there too.

Tengu
    • Bullywug

awesome drawings guys.. but if you would like i can offer my services for character drawings. (i do freelance illustrating in my off time..) here is an example of my work. my githyanki psychic warrior. 🙂 i am sorry the image is so large.. so instead of posting it in the forum, i will provide the link to view it. 🙂

http://www.neo73.plus.com/Ricks_Art/githyanki.jpg

Lindsay
    • Succubus

Holy shit! Did you have to post that under the best drawing I have ever done.. *weep*

Very very good, PM Hal and tell him you want to do art for him, he will love you!

Tengu
    • Bullywug

awww… i didn’t mean to make you weep Lindsay. 🙁

but i would fully enjoy doing some project for you guys. i greatly enjoy the sessions that you release, and i would like to give a little back. 🙂 it’s been about 2 years since the last time that i have publicly shown my work.. in the past i have done some work for Malhavoc and a little here and there for WotC and battlefield press. 🙂

*pming hal as we speak* 😀

ThistledownJohn
    • Gelatinous Cube

I’ve been lurking for quite a while now and thought I would come out of the shadows!

I’ve been following the group’s exploits in Shadowfell Keep and have found them most enjoyable. It has made my nine hour a day sentence in my cubicle bearable!

I thought the final episode was great and here are a few comments…

Splug/Hal – An awesome NPC! Well-played and well-voiced!

Bree/Lindsay – Roleplaying her cleric’s unwillingness to blindly leap into combat is refreshing. I think an xp bonus is in order!

Nyess/James – I love the curses and all of his in-character dialog

Torrin/David – Always makes me laugh with the side comments

Galadril/Ned – I love the crusade against getting dirty!

Stendar/Goggles – Plays the “haughty'” wizard well. Who can’t like a guy named Goggles?

Keep up the great work, and I’m looking forward to Thunderspire!

Dungnmaster001
    • Orc

Firstly, welcome fellow new person (I’ve only been around a month or so myself)

John_Stephens wrote:
    Galadril/Ned – I love the crusade against getting dirty!

This reminded me of something I thought of awhile back but forgot about, there’s a ritual in one of the articles on WotC that would be perfect for a character like this:

Fastidiousness

You are clean, and you would like to remain so, even while digging through aboleth slime for lost treasures.

Level: 1 Component Cost: 10 gp

Category: Warding Market Price: 50 gp

Time: 10 minutes Key Skill: Arcana (no check)

Duration: 24 hours

You or a creature within 2 squares of you is warded against becoming dirty. No matter what the target does, touches, walks through, or experiences, the target’s person, clothes, and carried possessions are not soiled.

If the target is in any way soiled when the ritual is

completed, that filth is immediately shed. Attacks or

other effects that involve dirtying the character work

as normal but leave no lasting waste or residue.

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Welcome welcome 🙂

Nice summary – thank you 😀

With regards Fastidiousness I think Ned plans on picking up Ritual Caster just so he can learn that ritual. It may end up being the only ritual he knows 🙂

Hal :hal:

PhanXu2
    • Bullywug

Cold greasy shadow.

Sliver of hope there is none.

For you or for me.

Bleoberis the rogue.

Something to do I suppose.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • The forum ‘Dungeons and Dragons 4e’ is closed to new topics and replies.