Forums Archive RPGMP3 Chatter Dungeons and Dragons 4e Keep on the Shadowfell Session 11

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    jng2058
    • Commoner

Hey wait…where’s Splug’s Haiku?

I demand goblin Haiku! 😆

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Naughty Goblin Rogue

Stabbing you in the kidneys

Take that you fucker!

Hows that?

Splugly enough? 😀

Hal :hal:

Dungnmaster001
    • Orc
    Hal wrote:
    Naughty Goblin Rogue

Stabbing you in the kidneys

Take that you fucker!

Hows that?

Splugly enough? 😀

Very Splugly… in fact I could almost hear him saying it in the back of my mind (…hmm that’s disturbing….I hear voices in my head and they sound like Splug….)

eformo
    • Gelatinous Cube

I think Hal should read Splug’s haiku in Splug’s own voice at the next session they record.

Or better yet, maybe Lindsay would be so kind as to read it in Splug’s voice!! You know you can do that voice Lindsay. You’ll have to practice a bit to avoid breaking out in laughter after the 2nd syllable, but we believe in you!

BigJackBrass
    • Drider
    eformo wrote:
    I think Hal should read Splug’s haiku in Splug’s own voice at the next session they record.

I can picture him doing it with a profound, slightly faraway look, like the scene in Blazing Saddles where Mongo says, “Mongo only pawn in game of life.” 😀

Dungnmaster001
    • Orc

Just curious though, have there been any further sessions into Thunderspire yet, or is everything still being sorted out after Ike?

5monkeys
    • Thri-kreen

I believe they played another game this evening (if they’re not playing it right now :D).

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

We most certainly did 🙂

I am hoping to get back to a more standard release schedule as of tomorrow so hopefully that will mean I will manage to get some more 4e uploaded for you guys 😉

I have to say that tonights session was very very funny 🙂 They totally wandered off plot but we managed to get them pointing in the right direction by the end of things 😀

Dungnmaster001
    • Orc
    Hal wrote:
    We most certainly did 🙂

I am hoping to get back to a more standard release schedule as of tomorrow so hopefully that will mean I will manage to get some more 4e uploaded for you guys 😉

I have to say that tonights session was very very funny 🙂 They totally wandered off plot but we managed to get them pointing in the right direction by the end of things 😀

Awesomeness 🙂

duck69a
    • Commoner

Couple of thing from this session, remind the cleric healing word is a minor action and can do this twice per encounter.

Flaming sphere does damage if a creature starts it turn adjacent to the sphere, not ends its turn adjacent

Anonymous
    • Owlbear

I’m halfway through this at the moment and had to write in to say that it’s really enjoyable listening! Great work all! 😀

One thing though with the room for what I guess is the final battle (at least it looks that way at the half-session point of the recording). Without going into details if you haven’t listened yet, it seems surprisingly full on for a module that’s so high profile and will sell the game across so many families across the world. I mean, I’m fine with it, but I can imagine some parents going 😯 when they hear little Johnny reading out that room description…

Moomintroll
    • Commoner

I finished this series of podcasts while ago, but didn’t have time to post until now. Anyway, great job everyone! It was very entertaining. Hal was a great DM, and I give the most valuable player award to Nyess whose role-playing skill and variety of curses kept me smiling.

For some reason the Flickr photos posted at the beginning of this thread by Lindsay aren’t showing up for me. Were they removed? Or maybe my software is misbehaving.

A few podcasts ago I did find some other Flickr links with photos of the Shadowfell players with other games. It was kind of weird seeing what everyone looked like. I don’t know if other people’s brains do the same thing, but when I hear a voice on the “radio” my mind creates a very vivid fictional image of them. So when I found your photos it was kind of like a mental necker cube with the image of the person cycling back and forth as I remembered what they really looked like. (This has happened before to me when I finally found out what Ira Glass looks like on This American Life.)

Anyway, that comment is neither here no there, just a funny phenomenon I experienced.

I hope to find time to move on to the next adventure. I’m still new to the site, are there any “best of” podcasts here that are a must-listen? I just chose this one initially because I was curious about 4e, and I was also wondering what the real KotS module was like (after listening to the super abridge version of the first Penny Arcade/PvP series.)

Sorry if that was an off-topic question. Anyway, unless otherwise advised I’m moving on to Thunderspire! Thanks for making these podcasts!

MadMac
    • Flumph

Ah, Keep on the Shadowfell. Wizards actually just released this adventure on their website for free.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/4news/20090428

Interestingly enough, It looks like they made a lot of changes, updating monster stats, changing monsters, changing up some of the encounters, adding more story bits, and revising the skill challenge.

Shame they didn’t release a conversion document though. If I decided to run the new version, I think I’d have to just make do with the PDF rather than trying to update the booklet.

Ieqo
    • Owlbear
    Moomintroll wrote:
    I’m still new to the site, are there any “best of” podcasts here that are a must-listen?

My own recommendations (in no particular order):

Rolemaster

Warhammer

Labour of Love/Tomb of Heggemoth

Everything in the Whartson Hall catalogue (including those Tuesday night splitters)

Warlords of the Accordlands

Beyond the Mountains of Madness

All the Christmas Specials

The TGG’s Conan game

The WLD

Tropis

The Banewarrens

The Sunless Citadel

Steve’s ToEE game

Lindsay’s Tatters of the King game

The Star Wars recording by the Cowboy Gamers

Note that I heavily abridged my list so as not to include any game that isn’t outstanding.

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer
    Ieqo wrote:
    Note that I heavily abridged my list so as not to include any game that isn’t outstanding.

Ah, I see. I was wondering why your list was only thirty miles long. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • The forum ‘Dungeons and Dragons 4e’ is closed to new topics and replies.