Forums Archive RPGMP3 Chatter Dungeons and Dragons 4e Keep on the Shadowfell Session 11

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    hughie
    • Commoner

Hi,

I’ve just listened to the entire KotS series of podcasts,Ive not heard of the site or podcasts till a short while ago, I’m brand new here, I’ve got to say I thoroughly enjoyed listening to the podcasts and pretty much listened to nothing else over the course of the last week or so.

I’m a newbie to 4e (and hoping to form my own group) so listening to actual play was informative as well as fun

One of the highlights for me might strike you guys as a bit strange, the conversation on one of the podcasts about chocolate was surreal and cool at the same time, I’m an Aussie so I knew all the chockies you were referring too.

What was surreal about it was after listening to so many hours of play I kind of felt I was actually sitting at the table and we were talking about flakes and picnics when in reality I was thousands of miles away driving in the dark in Melbourne.

Keep up the terrific work.

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Hey there,

Welcome to the site. I am so glad the audio helped you out and may draw you to the table. That’s really why we are here I suppose 😀

Enjoy the site. Feel free to post. No one really bites hard round here 😉

Cheers

Hal :hal:

Balgin
    • Succubus
    hughie wrote:

What was surreal about it was after listening to so many hours of play I kind of felt I was actually sitting at the table and we were talking about flakes and picnics when in reality I was thousands of miles away driving in the dark in Melbourne.

That’s one of the best things about any off topic chatter. It brings the game from some faraway place right into your room and makes it feel more real. Be it character creation, discussing the merrits of various curry houses or postmen not delivering stuff it all makes the games even more fun.

MarioRC
    • Commoner

I agree! It’s fun to get some of those crosscultural discussions. I’m half Scot, so I get most of the Brit context related parts. And it feels like being at the table, or more like watching a movie when, you enjoy whatever, but are unable to tell the hero/heroine not to open that door! Next step live multicast with online chat or voip multipresence.

hughie
    • Commoner
    Hal wrote:

Enjoy the site. Feel free to post. No one really bites hard round here 😉

Cheers

Except for splug I’m suspecting!

Which is another huge highlight on the podcast for me, mate, you doing splug had me in tears at certain points, especially when the betrayer kept firebombing him, and his interplay with Bree on good and bad, as we say down here,

Champaign comedy! 😀

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Thank you kind sir.

I have always found that if you play your NPCs well it makes the game a lot more fun than if they are just stats on a sheet that follow the party around 🙂

Riggzy
    • Commoner

I’ll most likely be finishing my own game of KotS this week (in our 11th session, as it happens). You guys put together a great final fight, despite the strange hazards that are written into it…

In agreement with Hal: The one piece of feedback I’ve had from all my players, who are all new to D&D in general, is that this adventure is pretty battle-heavy. Even for D&D it seems a bit much. The player’s have been learning to talk with NPCs, but nobody in the latter part of the dungeon wants to talk! It’s good improv practice for myself, but not so enjoyable for the players.

I’m hoping the last two rooms won’t be too bland – dipping in and out of RPGMP3’s playthrough has given me a few ideas! Its a big help for a beginner DM, keep it up!

Crasical
    • Commoner

Delurking to pre-commentate on finally reaching session 11 of KotS. I’m going to headphone up and go have a listen once the download finishes, but I wanted to say that it’s been a pleasure listening to y’all. I hadn’t realized how much I’d missed RPGMP3 podcasts since I cut myself off of WLD after our group started running it. I’ve been burning through the 4e podcast this last week and now at the end of the adventure I feel I need to decloak and thank you for putting out this quality product for our listening pleasure. I hope you’ve had fun in this game and the games that followed since!

As an aside, I seem to have developed a habit of reading passages from my game-books in Hal’s voice, which is a bit worrisome to say the least… Apparently you’ve supplanted Chris Perkins as my inner DM voice.

Dungnmaster001
    • Orc
    Quote:
    As an aside, I seem to have developed a habit of reading passages from my game-books in Hal’s voice, which is a bit worrisome to say the least… Apparently you’ve supplanted Chris Perkins as my inner DM voice.

Well at least I’m not the only one who has had this happen to him lol

dualshock71
    • Gelatinous Cube
    Dungnmaster001 wrote:
    Quote:

Well at least I’m not the only one who has had this happen to him lol

It could be worse. I was once stuck in a car for three days with nothing to do but listen to the first five sessions of Rolemaster. There was a month-long period or so where EVERYTHING I read was in Hal’s voice…

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant
    Crasical wrote:

Yay! I continue to infect the world 😛

Welcome Welcome 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • The forum ‘Dungeons and Dragons 4e’ is closed to new topics and replies.