Forums Archive Non RPG Chatter LARP LARP clobber (UK)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    The_Nalic
    • Orc

anyone know where i can get my hands on some cheap larp kit, preferrably via the web/post? looking to do maelstrom again without crippling myself with debt

Balgin
    • Succubus
    The_Nalic wrote:
    anyone know where i can get my hands on some cheap larp kit, preferrably via the web/post? looking to do maelstrom again without crippling myself with debt

How cheap? If you want really cheap my advice would be to get a sewing machine. Most of my old LRP stuff’s home made (including my own chainmail phys rep made from galvanised fencing wire wrapped around a spoon, split with a hacksaw and bent together with two pairs of pliers and my own hands). Of course it looked rediculous, all the links were about twice the size they should’ve been. I’ve got a partialy made proper set (propper sized links) but before I got anywhere near finishing it my local live roleplay society moved away to another location and then they slowly went out of business. I could only afford to go there 2 or 3 times a year as opposed to the once a week I used to be able to manage when it was only a short bike ride or car journey away.

The_Nalic
    • Orc

i would sew my fingers together before i made anything remotly resembling a costume. I did consider some kind of leather waistcoat/washers combination to make brigandine armour but i’m gonna be playing a magic type guy i think so i dont have to buy armour or many weapons. I’m not going to be important enough to kill anyway 😀

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘LARP’ is closed to new topics and replies.