Forums RPGMP3 Podcast Audio Actual Play Recordings RPGMP3 Dungeons and Dragons Next (5e) Lost Mine of Phandelver Session 08

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

File Name: Lost Mine of Phandelver Session 08

File Submitter: Hal

File Submitted: 04 Dec 2014

File Category: Dungeons and Dragons Next (5e)

Genre: Fantasy

Profanity Level: Jolly Sweary Indeed

https://www.rpgmp3.com/files/game_recordings/RPGMP3/audio/lost_mines_of_phandelver_session_08.mp3

http://youtu.be/fiq9E7qPC10

Following the defeat of Glassstaff the party decide to continue exploring the mansion to deal with the rest of the Redbrands

Click here to download this file

bodhranist
    • Orc

Only jolly sweary? Not unmitigated filth?

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

Standards are clearly slipping.

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

I save the top rating for the true filth – like the Christmas Specials and anything with Fin in it 😛

Hal :hal:

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

So BJB is the King of Double Entendres, eh? No doubt BigJackBrass will be most pleased, having Lindsay crown his head. 😉 (Double entendre arriving in 3… 2…)

Also, no doubt everyone who’s listened to this audio will immediately want to watch it again on the ‘Tube, to get a look at @[member=”Heather”]’s much-discussed cleavage TARDIS. 😉

thad
    • Thri-kreen

BTW, the video picture freeze at 1:25:25 and doesn’t ever come back. The audio is fine.

Lucky_Strike
    • Orc

It was even declared unmitigated filth in camera. It was just the one vengeful outburst though.

The bugbear shutout was surprising. When your players get aggressive your luck runs pretty slim Hal. Are you sure you didn’t set them up with d10s on attack?

Lockhart
    • Owlbear

I think we have indeed, mid-game, called out a couple of these sessions as more than just jolly sweary, we just forget afterwards when time comes to rate them.

The party came get runs of luck, but we also have runs of unluck. The wonkiness of online dice.

bodhranist
    • Orc

Yeah, all in all, having finished listening to the episode, not “of the first water” level of filthiness. Having seen the rating get lowered, I’d just wondered if Nick had been unable to make it to a session or something.

Speaking of Texas players, what ever happened with Mor’kil and the Carrion Crown game? Did he just get burned out on the system? Also, you’re still short a few of those recordings. I remember listening up to the start of the werewolf forest, but here at the new site, the episodes don’t even get to the end of the trial.

Also, I got heather’s song reference.

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Speaking of Texas players, what ever happened with Mor’kil and the Carrion Crown game? Did he just get burned out on the system? Also, you’re still short a few of those recordings. I remember listening up to the start of the werewolf forest, but here at the new site, the episodes don’t even get to the end of the trial.

On the Mor’kil front, Gilbert just stopped talking to Lindsay and I one day and hasn’t spoken to us since. We have no idea why or what, if anything we did. We were worried and tried to contact him for a while but he appears to have broken off all contact. He is still active with many of our friends (including some of the folks on here) but he just flat refuses to acknowledge either of us.

Lindsay is very upset about the whole thing – she cried a lot. But yes, suffice it to say that Carrion Crown is unlikely to continue at this point unless someone can figure out what went wrong and fix it.

[anonymous]
    • Thri-kreen

That’s a shame. 🙁

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Perhaps it’s for the best – putting Gilbert and Nick T. Vegan in the same room might be asking for trouble. 😉 Every session would end up turning into an unmitigated smut-fest a Christmas special.

Not to mention the inevitable custody battle between @[member=”Heather”] and Gilbert, over hugging rights to Lockhart.* The gaming sessions would devolve from casual sniping comments and snarky one-liners, to outright hostility – right up until the point where they both realize that they can share Lockhart, and the sheer debauched cuddling-potential causes the poor mild-mannered Canadian’s nipples to explode with delight. 😀

*They both have valid claims to the Huggy Canuck – one of them can rightfully claim to have been in-character flirting with Locksy longer, whereas the other does, in fact, have the biggest boobs. (Which is an argument that will win pretty much any argument, come to think of it.)

bodhranist
    • Orc

On the Mor’kil front, Gilbert just stopped talking to Lindsay and I one day and hasn’t spoken to us since. We have no idea why or what, if anything we did. We were worried and tried to contact him for a while but he appears to have broken off all contact. He is still active with many of our friends (including some of the folks on here) but he just flat refuses to acknowledge either of us.

Lindsay is very upset about the whole thing – she cried a lot. But yes, suffice it to say that Carrion Crown is unlikely to continue at this point unless someone can figure out what went wrong and fix it.

That’s really too bad! Not so much that the campaign stopped (although that too), since there’s always more stuff to listen to, but inexplicable friendship-ending isn’t fun at all. Condolences. On the other hand, it seems like Lindsay’s neck/back issues (knock on wood (not on Threepwood)) seem to be doing better, and Ruby’s doing better, too.

Aethyr
    • Thri-kreen

Finally started listening to this game again and enjoying it. Too bad Droop doesn’t get any levels but that is probably for the best. No need to complicate things. Can’t wait to carch up and see if Threepwood has to address his anger issues or if he just goes all Hannibal on some poor town.

insert witticism here

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Can’t wait to carch up and see if Threepwood has to address his anger issues or if he just goes all Hannibal on some poor town.

You can look forward to episode 12, then, where the villagers start to… react to his growing reputation. 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.