Forums RPGMP3 Podcast Audio Actual Play Recordings RPGMP3 Dungeons and Dragons Next (5e) Lost Mine of Phandelver Session 12

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

File Name: Lost Mine of Phandelver Session 12

File Submitter: Hal

File Submitted: 07 Dec 2014

File Category: Dungeons and Dragons Next (5e)

Genre: Fantasy

Profanity Level: Jolly Sweary Indeed

https://www.rpgmp3.com/files/game_recordings/RPGMP3/audio/lost_mines_of_phandelver_session_12.mp3

http://youtu.be/EnCBQuAS5Js

The party finish up with their Owlbear problem and return to report their successes and have some interesting interactions with some representatives from various Faerûnian organizations.

Click here to download this file

FuelDrop
    • Commoner

The last hour of this session is now my favorite recording on RPGMP3. It’s in my top 10 favorite things ever.

“I accidentally joined (Forgotten Realms version of the Illuminate) and largely announced it in the most public place I could find, but it’s totally okay because I get a 20% discount at the miners exchange!”

I assume I am not the only one who sees the irony of the man who wrote “Tyrants be dicks, yo!” joining an organization known for tyranny.

I do feel that Roderick missed some quoting opportunities against Syldar, though. Here are a few lines that would have worked:

“I won’t let fear compromise who I am.” – Commander Shepard.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.” – Edmund Burke (probably)

and that’s just off the top of my head. Still, the exchange remains epic even without the quotes.

Stay awesome, everyone.

Nick T. Vegan
    • Flumph

What can I say I’m a sucker for a discount

FuelDrop
    • Commoner

What can I say I’m a sucker for a discount

*shrugs*

I cannot fault you for that.

thad
    • Thri-kreen

That was fucking hilarious!

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Glad folks are getting a kick out of it. From a DM perspective I kind of felt obliged to offer a gang to everyone 🙂 It seems appropriate as half the shop and buildings in town seem to be aligned with one faction of the other…

Hal :hal:

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Let’s hope @[member=”Nick T. Vegan”] never listens to any of the BAGgies’ recordings – he’d immediately insist that someone should run a Runepunk campaign for him, just so he could collect all the magical cock-rings. 🙂

Aethyr
    • Thri-kreen

Just curious, but is the offer to join a secret society part of the campaign or did you add that in there?

And let me add to the chours of ‘Hilarious! Love it!’ Can’t believe Threepio did what he did in so public a locale. Wow.

insert witticism here

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

No – its in there 🙂

It is a starter adventure so I guess they just want to introduce that fact that Faerun has a lot of clubs and activities 🙂

Tulty
    • Thri-kreen

Oooh, the IEs got a mention! In answer to your question @[member=”Hal”], I read about the minimise option on one of the emails regarding a Roll20 update. I think it may have been the update AFTER the character sheets were introduced.

Although I know I don’t comment nearly as much as I should, I am working my way through Phandelver, and enjoying it a lot!

Edit: this applies to Session 12, not 11. Will change it tomorrow at computer!

Tulty
    • Thri-kreen

Hm. Don’t seem to have the option to delete. Any kindly admin staff floating through? X

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Moved you over here 🙂

Tulty
    • Thri-kreen

Thank you!

Dr_Jomster
    • Orc

Some VERY funny moments in this session. Cheered up my commute today enormously. Thanks all! 🙂

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Yay 🙂

Happy to hear it… 😛

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.