Forums RPGMP3 Podcast Audio Actual Play Recordings RPGMP3 Dungeons and Dragons Next (5e) Lost Mine of Phandelver Session 16

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

File Name: Lost Mine of Phandelver Session 16

File Submitter: Hal

File Submitted: 22 Feb 2015

File Category: Dungeons and Dragons Next (5e)

Genre: Fantasy

Profanity Level: Jolly Sweary Indeed

https://www.rpgmp3.com/files/game_recordings/RPGMP3/audio/lost_mines_of_phandelver_session_16.mp3

http://youtu.be/NIDyFHZGGaQ

The party go to speak with Venomfang with the help of the dragon cultists

Click here to download this file

thad
    • Thri-kreen

For those wondering what Nick posted a link to… Dem Damn Dames (sNSFW).

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Wow, Hal was… unusually upset by the cultist’s summary execution. :O Considering that Hal feels so strongly that “killing a helpless tied-up guy can never be a good act, or even a neutral act”, it’s kinda odd that he moved to Texas. 😛

Lindsay: Yay! We encouraged a dragon to leave its lair slightly earlier than it was planning! 🙂

It seems like Lindsay has come full circle, and finally achieved some closure after that terribly, terribly traumatizing incident in the World’s Largest Dungeon. 🙂

Also, the term “dragon evicters” is delightfully reminiscent of the Red Box D&D episodes played by the BAGgies, where they were hired to drive low-level monstrous riff-raff out of Castle Caldwell, and had a long discussion about ASBO goblins, and the most impressive proper conjugation of the word ‘evict’ in a fantasy setting. 😀

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Ah yes… it is that episode 🙁

Let me apologies in advance for any bad feeling at the end of this – we all love each other really 😛

Hal :hal:

Texan
    • Commoner

Interesting that they missed the fact that Texas is a bigassed state that is currently second in population only to California and at 8.45% of the US population. it has almost 6 times the number of people as the average of the 25 and 26th states population.  And yes, if you kill someone without a good excuse then we kill you back.

Aethyr
    • Thri-kreen

So kill a clan of goblins and capture their leader; let him go with a promise of reform. Kill a bunch of human cultists and capture their leader; kill the liar! Interesting decision by the group of murder-hobos.

Another great listen, especially so soon after a very special WLD episode!

insert witticism here

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Ooooh – an interesting take on the dilemma at the end there and I think you can start to see why I was a little surprised at the lack of consistency 🙂

Strange how everything on this thread is written in Spoiler 😛

Aethyr
    • Thri-kreen

I didn’t want to break the pattern

insert witticism here

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

So kill a clan of goblins and capture their leader; let him go with a promise of reform. Kill a bunch of human cultists and capture their leader; kill the liar! Interesting decision by the group of murder-hobos.

Heather: Goblins are adorable!

‘Nuff said. 🙂

Strange how everything on this thread is written in Spoiler 😛

I may have started a trend. 🙂

MelkiorWhiteblade
    • Owlbear

I have been away from RPGMP3 for so long, and come back to Hal ranting about alignment, again?! Some things never change  😀

I loved Lindsay’s comment ‘It’s probably all a dream or something’ but if I recall, that was a perfectly executed coup de grace against an illusion, not a dream  :ph34r: . And I am bucking the spoiler tag trend, cause spoilers on WLD, come on!  😉

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Ha – ranting indeed 🙂

Do I rant about alignment a lot? I just like consistent characters who are at least close to their initial idea of morality 😉 I makes the GMing so much easier…

Surprised there was not more talk on this one… I guess the Spoilers might have stalled the conversation. 😛

Tulty
    • Thri-kreen

I’m still listening to this one, but will be interested to reach this alignment quandary!

Tulty
    • Thri-kreen

I’m still listening to this one, but will be interested to reach this alignment quandary!

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

Ha – ranting indeed 🙂

Do I rant about alignment a lot?

Other questions in this popular series include Is the Pope Catholic? Is Luxembourg small? and Do bears use forested areas as latrines?

Lucky_Strike
    • Orc

Oddly the novelization of keep on the borderlands specifically addressed this quandry (without a cleric though). It was a really abrupt moment.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.