Forums RPGMP3 Podcast Audio Actual Play Recordings RPGMP3 Dungeons and Dragons Next (5e) Lost Mine of Phandelver Session 19

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

File Name: Lost Mine of Phandelver Session 19

File Submitter: Hal

File Submitted: 22 Feb 2015

File Category: Dungeons and Dragons Next (5e)

Genre: Fantasy

Profanity Level: Jolly Sweary Indeed

https://www.rpgmp3.com/files/game_recordings/RPGMP3/audio/lost_mines_of_phandelver_session_19.mp3

http://youtu.be/3eLFWFjjqII

Guybrush has an encounter with something unusual and the party finally make it to Wave Echo Cave and begin exploring

Click here to download this file

Texan
    • Commoner

I don’t hae a PHB on me at the moment but can’t Nick hide and get an auto critical if he hits on the first strike in combat?  Would not have mattered on the ooze assuming it has blindsight with enough range.

Aethyr
    • Thri-kreen

The Quest for Pants!

(and ointment)

insert witticism here

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Re: stealth versus blindsight in 5E, here’s a good discussion about it, suggesting that you could, for example, make the person trying to sneak past a creature with the blindsight ability, roll at disadvantage.

Also, the left (or right) hand rule for solving mazes should work equally well, regardless of which hand you use. The choice of calling it by either name is probably just a matter of preference.

The swollen-headed halflings of 5E have been discussed in some detail on the site, before, but the new design of female dwarves haven’t been, IIRC. Amusingly, many Rat Queens fans strongly suspect that the female dwarf in the PHB was heavily “inspired” by Violet:

776980.jpgviolet-rat-queens.jpg

Come to think of it, Marigold Mudpetal could easily pass for a copy of Betty – she’s a lesbian (or at least bi-curious) halfling rogue who, in the first session of Phandelver, was described as some kind of drug dealer. Does Marigold have dreadlocks? 🙂

If @[member=”Lindsay”] and @[member=”Heather”]… umm, that is to say: Marigold and Heleh ever get a chance to rub their mudpetals together, let’s hope they exercise all due caution. They could risk grievous injury:

tumblr_ng2go6ujjn1rz6qqno1_1280.jpg

It’s edifying to note that both of the Nicks on the site (the Phanny-delving one, and the one with all the Wharts) are disturbingly fond of “cock” – it comes out of their mouth every few minutes or so. 🙂

Aethyr
    • Thri-kreen

I loved the pants (and map) stealing of the adventure and I am looking forward to finding out the gender of the thief. I’m always up for the GM throwing out some unexpected (?), but reasonable, consequence for a player’s actions. Amyone else like those plots, or only when it is happening to another PC?

insert witticism here

HisDivineShadow
    • Orc

>Amyone else like those plots, or only when it is happening to another PC?

I think it’s the meat and potatoes of any adventure!

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

I loved the pants (and map) stealing of the adventure and I am looking forward to finding out the gender of the thief. I’m always up for the GM throwing out some unexpected (?), but reasonable, consequence for a player’s actions. Amyone else like those plots, or only when it is happening to another PC?

>Amyone else like those plots, or only when it is happening to another PC?

I think it’s the meat and potatoes of any adventure!

IMO, the best sessions on this site, including most of the finest moments in Hal’s games, have involved crazy player antics spiraling out of control, when they’re forced to deal with the consequences of their actions. 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.