Forums RPGMP3 Podcast Audio Actual Play Recordings RPGMP3 Dungeons and Dragons Next (5e) Lost Mine of Phandelver Session 20

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

File Name: Lost Mine of Phandelver Session 20

File Submitter: Hal

File Submitted: 29 Mar 2015

File Category: Dungeons and Dragons Next (5e)

Genre: Fantasy

Profanity Level: Jolly Sweary Indeed

https://www.rpgmp3.com/files/game_recordings/RPGMP3/audio/lost_mines_of_phandelver_session_20.mp3

http://youtu.be/q2vfolcMA0I

The party explore Wave Echo Cave and we cliffhanger in the middle of an interesting fight

Click here to download this file

bodhranist
    • Orc

Woo! More Phandelver-y goodness! Thanks, all.

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

(spider noise)

Hal :hal:

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

Hal: “One Direction… I’d shoot fucking Magic Missiles at those bastards…”

Now’s the time, they’re a man down! 😀

Aethyr
    • Thri-kreen

Is it bad that I was laughing at the descritpions of Droop’s run in with the Bug Bears? I fell like It is wrong but I just can’t help but laugh. Oh well.

And just wanted to note how interesting the things were learned at this beginning of this episode.

insert witticism here

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Ah, so this was the episode where @[member=”Lockhart”] discussed his impending visit to Texas. (It was odd to witness @[member=”Heather”] describing the sensitivity of her own gag reflex in great detail, after the topic of the impending Steak & Blowjob Day had been broached, and not have @[member=”Thing”] make a single off-color comment.) 😉

According to Hal, The Dungeon Masters was a really depressing documentary. Has anyone else watched it? The description on IMDB makes it sound pretty great, though:

An evil drow-elf is displaced by Hurricane Katrina. A sanitation worker lures friends into a Sphere of Annihilation. A failed supervillain starts a cable access show involving ninjas, puppets, and a cooking segment. These are the characters, real and imagined, of The Dungeon Masters: Against the backdrop of crumbling middle-class America, two men and one woman devote their lives to Dungeons and Dragons, the storied role-playing game, and its various descendants. As their baroque fantasies clash with mundane real lives, the characters find it increasingly difficult to allay their fear, loneliness, and disappointment with the game’s imaginary triumphs. Soon the true heroic act of each character’s real life emerges, and the film follows each as he or she summons the courage to face it. Along the way, The Dungeon Masters reimagines the tropes of classic heroic cinema, creating an intimate portrait of minor struggles and triumphs writ large.

It’s a good thing @[member=”PaulofCthulhu”] doesn’t listen to these episodes, he’d be ever so sad to hear Hal lambaste the inventory hell known as CoC:BtMoM. 😉

Trust Lockhart to try and use a noise-maker spell as a stealth weapon. 😛

Hey Hal, that bar you mentioned, the one that’s got a state line going straight through it? Was that Patrick’s Pub & Grill?

two-states-bar.jpg

Veronica nearly got herself in a heap-o-trouble by stepping one toe over the line, but luckily no local authorities happened to be present. Adding to the oddity of Patrick’s, the State of Georgia claims that the border has been drawn in the wrong place and the whole bar should be in Georgia, which by our reckoning would make it no longer a bar. Word from Tennessee officials is that ain’t gonna happen.

two-states-bar-2.jpg

Incidentally, which of Lindsay’s suggestions for a description of the ending do people prefer? “Spiderhanger” or “cliffsticker”? (Personally, I quite like “webhanger”.) 🙂

Is it bad that I was laughing at the descritpions of Droop’s run in with the Bug Bears? I fell like It is wrong but I just can’t help but laugh. Oh well.

It seemed like Hal was enjoying himself endlessly, too. 😉

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Trust me – The Dungeon Masters is an inescapable pit of misery and despair filled with people who really really really need a hug.

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

Trust me – The Dungeon Masters is an inescapable pit of misery and despair filled with people who really really really need a hug.

You should write the DVD blurb.

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

At least it would prepare you for the mental trauma if I did… at one point I was expecting a suicide…

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

No, not Black Leaf!

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

You should write the DVD blurb.

And here’s what it would look like if BJB wrote the blurb for a movie poster:

tumblr_inline_nelegbM6TY1qhwptg.jpg

😉

(Watch the trailer.)

Hagen
    • Orc

On the iPod, waiting in the queue after I relisten to Session 19. 

I fell asleep, and only have a vague memories of what happened before.

😛

Slartibartfast
    • Gelatinous Cube

At least it would prepare you for the mental trauma if I did… at one point I was expecting a suicide…

I’m pretty sure I would need a hug after watching that.

On the iPod, waiting in the queue after I relisten to Session 19. 

I fell asleep, and only have a vague memories of what happened before.

😛

I sometimes listen last thing at night leading to me waking up at 5am three podcasts down the line not remembering anything…

Sênstaku
    • Bullywug

Congrats on finally hitting something with a Bugbear, Hal! And also to Heather for slaughtering bugbears with Lightning Bolt. Halfway through the podcast, will comment more after.

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Thanks – I was terribly pleased to hit something with the Bugbear – even if it was just a Goblin NPC. His head did burst mightily 😛

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.