Forums RPGMP3 Podcast Audio Actual Play Recordings RPGMP3 Dungeons and Dragons Next (5e) Lost Mine of Phandelver Session 25

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

When @[member=”Heather”] decided to cast an AOE spell at the skeletons skellywobbles (as Hal calls ’em), and picked Shatter, it was surprising that @[member=”Nick T. Vegan”] didn’t seize the opportunity to suggest that this particular spell could be so much worse, if you exchanged the ‘A’ in Shatter with an ‘I’. 😛

@ 52 minutes:
    Lockhart: You’re making me consider home-brewing a system about hats. 🙂
    Lindsay: Do it! Do it, and I’ll run it.
    Hal: Ooohhh! Could it be a return to Tatters of the King?
    Lindsay: Nope!
    Hal: Awww, that was a good adventure, the most viewed adventure on the site-
    Lindsay: Bye! 🙄

@ 58 minutes:
    Hal: I suggest a game of Paranoia that Nick runs, and we all play.
    Lockhart: Night Vale the RPG!

You could actually combine those two ideas, and have Nick run the Paranoia scenario Alice Through the Mirrorshades, feat. the Vulture Warriors of Dimension X (!), and let Lindsay play as the cyberpunk equivalent of the Mad Hatter. 🙂 Just read this glowing review of the scenario from RPG.net:

A strong argument could be made that the Vulture Warriors trilogy represents the nadir of 2nd ed. Paranoia adventures. A real stinker.

WEG12017_180.jpeg

thranduul
    • Orc

Loving it guys!  I just finished the podcast for these today and now I’m feeling very empty–especially since @[member=”Thing”] wasn’t able to make it to GenCon to tip a pint or 2 or 9.  🙂

What is the next RPG for you all?  I just started the (what I thought as the) next session of Shattered Star only it seems I missed a few episodes.  Sorry if I don’t “comment” on the forums that much–I listen to rpgmp3 EVERY night on my iPod; I just don’t watch the video since I listen (audio only) on long car rides or at night before going to sleep.  That being said, I’ve been a huge huge fan for years and hope you keep it up.  Don’t let the (artificially) low number of comments make you think only a few people care about your craft.

#justsayin #shoutOutToMyHomies

"The term "raising a family" has very different context when talking with a Necromancer..."
    --Archmage Thranduul

Thing
    Admin
    • Drider

Looks like we are back to Shattered Star, with our new band of “heros” off to the mayhem.

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

What is the next RPG for you all?

What is next for you guys? Need my RPG real play fix!

Looks like we are back to Shattered Star, with our new band of “heros” off to the mayhem.

Hey @[member=thranduul], @[member=”clambake”] and whoever else is impatiently waiting on more Pathfinder – looks like it might be coming soon! (Or at least a day sooner than it was yesterday.) 😉

What I want to know is when is Cockeny’s v. Cthulhu coming out?

9341921018_b1c3297941.jpg

Slartibartfast
    • Gelatinous Cube

What is the rhyming slang for Azathoth?

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Perhaps you can find the answer in Chaosium’s London Guidebook, which includes a glossary of Cockney R’lyeh rhyming slang. 🙂

https://twitter.com/bleys74/status/605962354426155008
    https://twitter.com/cosmicfunpalace/status/607065359259037696

Lucky_Strike
    • Orc

“Haggemoth”?

tadcan
    • Flumph

Thanks for running the game. I’ve been using the improvements to the story and even tried my own creepy Hal-esq Nothic voice and had one player asking me to stop :D.  As someone who never really liked D+D edition 3-4, 5th is less crunchy, like the majority games I play. Never thought I’d be enthusiastic to play/run D+D, like ever. Did you use the free or paid for version of roll20. 

Lockhart
    • Owlbear

I pay a subscription (mostly for the file size of uploaded pictures) and I think Hal did as well because we used dynamic lightning.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.