Forums RPGMP3 Podcast Audio Actual Play Recordings Pants Campers Old School Renaissance MCMLXXV / Hall of Bones Session 03b

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Daniel
    • Succubus

File Name: MCMLXXV / Hall of Bones Session 03b

File Submitter: Daniel

File Submitted: 04 Aug 2014

File Category: Old School Renaissance

Genre: Fantasy

Profanity Level: Jolly Sweary Indeed

https://www.rpgmp3.com/files/game_recordings/Gate_Campers/MCMLXXV_of_Bones_03b.mp3

SwordsWizardry_color_jpg_zps475b5fcd.jpg

…Against The Blob

Combining two epic introduction modules (‘MCMLXXV’ and ‘The Hall of Bones’) and using a modified version of Frog God Game’s excellent Sword and Wizardry game, the Wolf’s Paw Mercenaries fight ‘evil’ in the name of their god ‘Fenrir the Accountant’.

STARRING

Daniel

Hamish

Miranda

Regan

Roxy

Seth

Click here to download this file

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

And yes Danny, I do see the keywords you put into the system 🙂

I also see the spaces you are leaving in the filenames 🙂

Hal :hal:

Daniel
    • Succubus

Another mystery of the universe solved thanks to the powers of SCIENCE!!!

Lockhart
    • Owlbear

Hello Danny!

Just popping in to say that this is the latest series I’m listening to and currently quite enjoying it. The audio quality is quite nice after a couple sessions of adjustment and the table dynamic is nice. GMing at the table also appears to enhance your GMing skills as well.

Daniel
    • Succubus

Yeah, I have to say I massively prefer GMing at the table with people again.  The group goes through some dynamic changes as this season continues, but by the time the module is ended we have an awesome team kicking ass & taking names. In fact, we’ve almost finished recording the next module: Ravenloft: Night of the Dead! 😀

Lockhart
    • Owlbear

One of these days I’d like to run an old school campaign like this for a bit, but I don’t think my players would be up for it in the long run with rampant character death. Still it’d be nice to pen a few characters into the obituary pages of Rappan Athuk or Slumbering Tsar.

Daniel
    • Succubus

We’ve gotten around the character death aspect quite nicely, tbh, with the Wolf Cult business.

Basically how it works is thus:

• Character dies.
    • Character is given an audience with their god where they are given a short chance to speak their case and why they should be sent back in the same body.
    • If they got their old body back they carry on as normal, otherwise gen a new character.
    • In both cases they have 10% less than the average xp for the party.

This gets streamlined and adjusted later on (season 2) and the god audience stuff can easily be ignored.  Essentially though, the ‘character’ remains the same – personality, experiences, etc – they just change bodies. This way the player only suffers a mechanical loss rather than a roleplay loss.

Lockhart
    • Owlbear

Ahhh, very interesting. I listened to the first Fenrir audience in this episode but it wasn’t clear what exactly happened after the audience. I think it’s a very interesting concept that could be easily refluffed ( cursed , contract with outsider, bonded artifacts), that allows characters to retain story and plot knowledge, let’s them potentially keep characters they like or try out different characters and classes to keep it fresh. I may need to steal it in some way, shape or form.

Daniel
    • Succubus

Aye, originally it wasn’t very clear because like a lot of the things during season 1 the concept, mythology and playerbase were in constant fluctuation while I settled on something that worked.  In season 2 things a lot more set in stone, with a more solid ruleset to work from.

Some stuff worked in season 1, other stuff didn’t – it was a fun little module to through, mind. 🙂

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Ahhh, very interesting. I listened to the first Fenrir audience in this episode but it wasn’t clear what exactly happened after the audience. I think it’s a very interesting concept that could be easily refluffed ( cursed , contract with outsider, bonded artifacts), that allows characters to retain story and plot knowledge, let’s them potentially keep characters they like or try out different characters and classes to keep it fresh. I may need to steal it in some way, shape or form.

The Hackmaster RPG has a Mentor/Protégé system to readily provide backup characters that might be interesting to try, as well.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.