Forums Archive RPGMP3 Chatter Suggestions More Cthulhu!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    TomBedlam
    • Orc

Hello all,

I liked to introduce myself, Tom Bedlam purveyor of madness. In my capacity as such I try to encourage the RPG Call of Cthulhu. I was very entertained by your ealier recordings of CoC, although I do find your current venture entertaining as well I would like a return to the sanity blasting goodness of Callof Cthulhu.

If I may ply with a bribe. I could be convinced to donate a small sum if you were to do so.

I have to say that I am being highly amused by your groups adventures in the WLD, but this monstrous dungeons going to last until your old age pensioners. Regardless, continue the good work.

PaulofCthulhu
    • Owlbear

I’d love to do more Cthulhu, strangely enough! I always fancied playing through Nightmare in Norway again. 8)

TomBedlam
    • Orc

Hmm Nightmare in Norways is a good scenario. Not as deadly as some. But an isolated ski lodge with weird goings on sounds like a sanity blasting good time.

May I recommend Bad Moon Rising if you want a shorter scenario with a large surprise at the end. But PoC you already know this.

Well if you lot get tired of the Biggest Dam Dungeon convert them all into cultists of CoC.

Ia Ia

Tom Bedlam

Kevin
    • Orc

Tonight I’m going to be GMing a coc campain where the first quest is called “War Buddy” then the two other quests that follow up on that one. Can’t wait.

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Perhaps we can run Masks when we finish the Big Dungeon 😛

Hal 🙄

PS Seriously, more than happy to run a CoC one off again. It was a dramatic shame that the end of The Haunting (with the dynamite juggling) had technical difficulties.

Face
    • Gelatinous Cube

You’re doing a great job with the site as is, but it would be fun to hear some CoC or Paranoia games now and then. The WLD seems to beat most of its players through the aging process. 😉

Too old to roll dice? You lose, wrinkles.

*bump*

Kevin
    • Orc

Hah, wow, the other day we were playing CoC at my friends house with like seven of us. When we got in a discussion about what you would call a GM in CoC because DM does not fit. It has been decided, M^2. M squared, Mythos Master.

Ah, so glorious, and quite random.

tomlib
    • Orc

Put me down as someone who is eager to hear more CoC.

Having listened to all of WLD, Auronia, and my own games certain things are slowly becoming apparent to me. An audio game works better when there is more player and NPC interaction and less combat. This is not the forumula of a Dungeon Crawl but fits perfectly with CoC.

I think a bit of combat is necessary to spice things up but if there is too much, as in my game, it becomes simply dice rolling, hits, misses, damage, and healing. Listening to my last session really brought this home to me. I’m going to start forcing more NPC action.

Any CoC scenario the group wants to run will be fantasic for sure. If you want to bite of a big old chunk then did someone say “Walkers in the Wastes?”

I can’t wait!!

Tom

mchvlichldprdgy
    • Owlbear

NOOOOOO!!! Not more Ctlthingy!!!!

Salubrai
    • Succubus

I much prefer Cat-thulhu

TomBedlam
    • Orc

Uuurrm this Cthulhu game does sound interesting. Maybe the group should give it a try. 8)

The hell with it. Play Cthulhu, darn ya. Most of you are trained as Archaeologists CofC should be second nature. Give up this WLD lark and play the sanity destroying goodness that is CofC.

Ia Ia I’m out.

Wellard
    • Orc

I was watching the JLA cartoon series the other day.Dr Fate, Aquaman, Hawkgirl, Wonder Woman(In her satin tights, fighting for your rights), Supes, and Solomon Grundy were fighting a being called ‘ctullu described as an Old one and he had tentacles and everything.

PaulofCthulhu
    • Owlbear
    TomBedlam wrote:
    Uuurrm this Cthulhu game does sound interesting. Maybe the group should give it a try. 8)

The hell with it. Play Cthulhu, darn ya. Most of you are trained as Archaeologists CofC should be second nature. Give up this WLD lark and play the sanity destroying goodness that is CofC.

Ia Ia I’m out.

Hmmmm, WLD’ers with Archaeology degrees (or working towards one)

Paul,

Fin,

Hal,

Lindsay

Yep it true 80% of the group have that background! 😮

mchvlichldprdgy
    • Owlbear

NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! I like my D&D.

Salubrai
    • Succubus

You DO realise that they HAVE played “The Haunting” Cthulhu module, and it’s available for listening in the download area? There is also “The Unseen Masters”, but it’s a mite hard to understand.

So there you are – two already long done Cthulhu sessions!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • The forum ‘Suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.