Forums Archive Roleplaying Chatter General RPG Stuff Neverwinter Nights

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 141 total)
  • Author
    ENoa4
    • Gelatinous Cube

Hi,

I’m thinking seriously about writing a new Neverwinter Nights module. I am pretty much set on converting an existing Paper and Pencil module I own, it will cut down on some of the work, and thus fits better into my schedule.

I’m considering either S4 The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth or UK5 The Eye of the Serpent. Down the road I may also do When A Star Falls, which also is from the UK series.

Presently I am stuck between S4 and UK5. S4 will take more work, but I think it might be more fun to write and play. UK5 is very well defined, and will be a cleaner conversion. Any thoughts?

thanks,

ENoa4

mchvlichldprdgy
    • Owlbear

Definitley UK5.

Me and my pirated version of NWN will thank you once you are done.

ENoa4
    • Gelatinous Cube

Thanks for the feedback. I’ve posted on a few other forums and I’m starting to get a bit of feedback. If I weren’t so torn on this it would be easier.

Hmmm….

thanks! 🙂

ENoa4

Salubrai
    • Succubus

You and your pirated version of NWN that CAN’T play any online games? Mate, you’re missing out… it’s not a bad way to play. 🙂

NWN is very, very cheap these days. It’s definitely worth the investment.

mchvlichldprdgy
    • Owlbear

Nope. I can play online. Hackery and extra programs work like a dream.

Salubrai
    • Succubus

Nah, I mean like the err… ya know semi-MMORPGs

What kind of program or hack could fake the authentication key? 😛

anyway, while I don’t care if someone takes a crappy game from a filesharing site, I think good games deserve support.

mchvlichldprdgy
    • Owlbear

So do I. No slight to NWN, but it falls just below my cutoff. I bought fallout 2 after playing it pirated. I bought Diablo 2, and Halo, and UT2k4, and civ 3, icewind dale, baldurs gate and black&white. NWN is good, and fun to play online, but it isn’t enough for me to pay for. Besides, I liked black isle, and now they are gone. My gaming loyalty is to sid meir, blizzard and bungie, no others.

ps. cdkeys easy to fake.

*now dubbed the “piracy discussion thread. yarg*-

Salubrai
    • Succubus

Well, as I BOUGHT the game I didn’t know but I was under the impression when going online and playing NWN it connected to Bioware and authenticated they key.

And now I end my participation in this thread for fear someone will assume -I’m- also a thief! 😛

Feylin: Are you a thief?

Bartleby: I… I’m an adventurer!

mchvlichldprdgy
    • Owlbear

I only steal information. Puny numbers!

Yes, but let me still encourage Enoa4 to make as many cool mods for NWN as he can.

ENoa4
    • Gelatinous Cube

For what it’s worth, I think I’m going with WG5 Eye of the Serpent

mchvlichldprdgy
    • Owlbear

Awwwww, I liked the idea of uk5, but thats ok too.

ENoa4
    • Gelatinous Cube

I’m sorry, that was a brain fart on my part. I did mean I am doing UK5 Eye of the Serpent. It’s not WG5 but UK5. Sorry. 😳

Salubrai
    • Succubus

No slight to your one-off modules, as I like them, but I’m mostly anticipating Hythum III! With more floaty islandy goodness than before.

mchvlichldprdgy
    • Owlbear

YIPEEEE! UK5!

As a side note, Shatis, are you ALWAYS on this forum. It seems you reply more than I do, which is just scary.

Salubrai
    • Succubus

Nah. I come in the morning, sometimes the evening before and after work or when I went to the gym. I answer the posts which came from recent postings if I have a comment.

I might note that I signed up in March, you signed up in July and you’re only 40 posts behind me. So tell me, WHO precisely is spending more time on the forums? Hmmmmmm? 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 141 total)
  • The forum ‘General RPG Stuff’ is closed to new topics and replies.