Forums News and Information Industry News Neverwinter: Tyranny of Dragons

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    RPGMP3 Newsbot
    • Owlbear

With a stalwart devotion to honor and justice, the Dragonborn have devoted themselves to doing good throughout the Realms. We are proud to announce that with the release of Module 4: Tyranny of Dragons, Neverwinter players can now join them in this crusade with their very own Dragonborn characters!

View the full article

kendoyle659
    • Thri-kreen

Ok. I’ve decided to download Neverwinter and see if it is any good. Not really got into any MMOs so I’ll be interested to see what this is like

Slartibartfast
    • Gelatinous Cube

It’s sort of based on DnD 4th Edition rules – I am playing through it at the moment.

The golden rule is – don’t give them any of your actual money 😉

kendoyle659
    • Thri-kreen

Sorry I didn’t reply sooner. My PC has been having issues. Cheers for that tip :). I’ve also heard that it is coming to the xbox next year so I may give it a little try on the pc and then leave it til then as I prefer my electronic gaming on the consoles.

Slartibartfast
    • Gelatinous Cube

By then they will have ironed out all the glitchy bits – not that there are many.

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

I’ve been playing Neverwinter for a few days. It’s absolutely identical to every other MMO I’ve tried. Parts of it are fun, but all of the balancing and upgrading mimics the elements of D&D that stopped me from playing D&D

Terrific played with friends in a group; personally I’m finding it tedious when played alone.

Slartibartfast
    • Gelatinous Cube

I’ve been playing Neverwinter for a few days. It’s absolutely identical to every other MMO I’ve tried. Parts of it are fun, but all of the balancing and upgrading mimics the elements of D&D that stopped me from playing D&D

Terrific played with friends in a group; personally I’m finding it tedious when played alone.

I concur but have found the answer.  I lucked out and married someone who likes MMOs and so I have a ready-made group to game with in my living room.

LAN party!

PS – We now have no social life but I have a level 44 control wizard so I think that evens out.

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

That’s certainly one solution 🙂

Dipped in again this week: discovered a bug when I killed the Red Wizard and the game didn’t seem to notice, leaving me stuck and unable to finish the mission. Google suggests it’s a well-known problem from at least a year ago.

Slartibartfast
    • Gelatinous Cube

There are certainly buggy sections – we’ve found that many of the Foundary quests have problematic bugs – insurmountable waist-high walls for example.

Never happens at the tabletop… unless the PCs randomly want to take a boat to Illyria and the GM hasn’t prepped for that yet 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Industry News’ is closed to new topics and replies.