Forums News and Information Announcements New Feature: Inventory

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Hey folks,

Thanks to Monkey wiggling through a hole in the system (that I kind of left open by testing what I was doing), I have turned on the Inventory system early.

You may have noticed that you have accrued Gold Pieces which are listed in your Profile and  listed when you post next to the Karma buttons.

You earn Gold Pieces by posting to the site; starting new topics, replying to topics and having others reply to topics that you start. Certain sections of the forum will earn more or less Gold.

You can also earn and lose Gold by using the Karma system. If you vote someone up or down you will earn Gold. If you are voted up you will earn Gold. If you are voted down you will lose gold.

You can use the Gold you earn to purchase items from the Inventory link at the top. I have not managed to complete adding everything I intended before The Monkey Thief snuck in but I have decided to open it up to everyone now and let you have at it. Items in the various stores will restock at different rates and at the moment none of the weapon items do anything other than add colour to your avatar when you post (but I guess they could in incorporated into forum games in the future).

There are a few items that will allow you to do things that most of you can’t currently do (like pin topics or steal Gold Pieces from other users). Please don’t be a douchebag with these 🙂 The admins can undo anything that seems stupid and if you are all very good I will add more things for you to do later as I work through the stuff…

There may also be plans to run a GP lottery as well as the possibility for investing GP in various ventures but for now we just have items to play with.

Let me know what you think and let me know if you spot any issues.

Hal :hal:

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Ooooh – and I forgot to mention that Patrons earn twice as many points for everything because they are awesome…

Thing
    Admin
    • Drider

I think I need some traps or a horde dragon to protect my modest gold pile from Rogues and such.

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

LOOT_SUIT.gif

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

I guess I need to get me some items – Monkey looks like a king of awesome with all those things he has that actually do something 🙂

Anyone else given this a try?

Aethyr
    • Thri-kreen

Well I managed to sneak in through the back door Monkey pointed out and snagged me a nifty cane! I think I need a hireling to follow me around though. Perhaps a bard to sing my praises… or make some up.

insert witticism here

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Haha 🙂

Anyone tried this the legit way yet? 😀

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Hey Hal, how about adding some kinda tokens that people could use to signify their allegiance to one or more of the gaming groups? Make ’em reasonably cheap, like the weapons, so people can afford to buy one of each, if they so choose. For example:

bagofholdingwithzoom.jpg

Bradford Adventuring Guild fan

BJTTNvRCUAAu13e.jpg

Pantsless Gamers fan

Ukulele%20Hero%20thumb.jpg

Whartson Hall fan

bg_brd_head_right.png

Yorkton Gamers fan

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

This could be done and is a good idea. It may end up being so…

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

On a related note: Rather than, say, hiring a nameless Unscrupulous Bard or Cunning Rogue, how about giving people a chance to hire Feylin Hilltopple, or Gillaran the Nimbic, or Max Jollity, or Kasnas, or RJÄGJÃœJÄR HJËLSTJRÃœM themselves? Or would that be too over-powered? 😉

med_gallery_8805_4_150975.jpg

Spykiller
    • Commoner

I want a best of RJÄGJÜJÄR HJËLSTJRÜM album. Hell its about time!

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Another solid idea Monkey. I may make those adjustments as well 🙂

Daniel
    • Succubus

I can haz Well Read Thesaurus: perfect for running overly verbose Pants Camper games?

Oh and a Scroll of Deleting Embarrassing Audio From My Group’s Past?

AndrewRJ
    • Flumph

Figures that I am poor.  I picked up a bit of offensive capability.  Well weaponry.  I am already offensive at times I am told.

Twyst
    • Bullywug

Here’s an Ootak button:

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:368]

We can call it “happy ass.”

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • The forum ‘Announcements’ is closed to new topics and replies.