Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Hey folks,

I have put up a new poll about how you lot listen to the audios! It will help me out when I am progressing the site in future directions.

You can register you vote here:

How Do You Listen To The Audios?

Cheers

Hal :hal:

PaulofCthulhu
    • Owlbear

Well, from the current looks of the poll, most people download one way or another and/or have broadband.

As such I’m wondering if we can up the audio quality from 32KBPS/22Khz (44Khz) MP3Pro to a straight MP3 at to 32KBPS/44Khz.

That would mean you’d get the same fidelity as the normal MP3Pro file without requiring an MP3Pro compatible player?

Dragonkin
    • Thri-kreen

Sounds good to me… means better sound quality on my iPod =)

Cob37
    • Gelatinous Cube
    PaulofCthulhu wrote:
    As such I’m wondering if we can up the audio quality from 32KBPS/22Khz (44Khz) MP3Pro to a straight MP3 at to 32KBPS/44Khz.

I have broadband so my vote is for the higher quality file.

Salubrai
    • Succubus
    PaulofCthulhu wrote:
    Well, from the current looks of the poll, most people download one way or another and/or have broadband.

That would mean you’d get the same fidelity as the normal MP3Pro file without requiring an MP3Pro compatible player?

I’m afraid not, Paul. MP3Pro’s quality at 32kbps (when played on the proper player) is roughly equivalent to a 64kbps standard MP3. Khz are important when swapping between stereo and mono, but straight mono? It doesn’t have and appreciable effect.

Try downloading the free player at http://www.mp3prozone.com/download.htm

Then while listening to any of WLD audios, press the PRO button. It will show you the difference between a standard MP3 and MP3Pro

PaulofCthulhu
    • Owlbear

Yes, I’ve looked further into this and have to agree.

As Sathis has suggested, for those who haven’t tried the file through an MP3Pro player, it’s worth a go hust to hear the difference!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General RPG Stuff’ is closed to new topics and replies.