Forums Gaming Chat Associated Geekery Kickstarter No Country for Old Kobolds

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

“Play generations of kobolds defending their village from hordes of low level murder hobo adventurers in this Dungeon World hack!”

tumblr_nlj92hMjJg1s0x275o1_540.jpg

tumblr_nlj92hMjJg1s0x275o2_540.jpg

Here’s the handbook cover for ‘No Country for Old Kobolds’ an upcoming tabletop pen and paper rpg recently funded on Kickstarter. The game inverts the classic setup so the creator, Steve Wallace, had the idea to parody a classic Dungeons and Dragons handbook cover (seen above)!

Check out their website for more info!

Source.

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

Clearly this is something I need… missed the Kickstarter… Pfft!

Hal :hal:

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Clearly this is something I need… missed the Kickstarter… Pfft!

Don’t worry. Steve Wallace, the author of the game, answered a question on the NCFOK G+ page, where he reassured people that hadn’t gotten in on the Kickstarter, that they’d be able to buy the pdf version when it goes up for “presale” for $10 – same price as if you’d been in on the Kickstarter. (Not yet sure whether it’ll include the digital stretch goals, though.)

Oh, and Mr. Wallace has mentioned in an interview that his next project may well be “a game that would model the in fighting between the great houses in Dune“:

I really like the idea of an intrigue based role playing game where you – as the leader of your house – have abilities that are more high level than a player character in most rpgs. You can send armies to a planet or hire assassins or the like, basically you set the wheels in motion instead of being the wheels.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Kickstarter’ is closed to new topics and replies.