Forums Archive RPGMP3 Chatter World’s Largest Dungeon Nooooo!!!! Again!!!(WLD #21 SPOILER)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    TomBedlam
    • Orc

The most holy of holy rollers is dead!!!

Poor Bastion I knew, Balazaar. A cleric of infinite goodness. of most excellent shinyness: he hath healed my wounds a thousand times. Where be your blast holy energy now? your conversions? your preaching? your flashes of rigid religiosity, that were wont to set the party in a murderous rage?

The only man who could pull a sarape outside outside of UK football.

BASTION OF TORM IS DEAD!!

Woe to the group without a cleric. First Gerout, now Bastion who’s next.

Tis’ unfornate really. He was my favorate character. Doggily good, no matter what. You have to admire that.

Salubrai
    • Succubus

Oh, I don’t know. I get the odd feeling any character played by Steve will have the old Bastion “feel” about him.

I might be completely wrong, and Steve is fair to slap me down on this one, but I get the feeling that there’s a lot of Steve in Bastion. The same could be said about the others as well.

PaulofCthulhu
    • Owlbear

Balazaar is completely not like me, no, no. I am much taller and have hair for example…

Anonymous
    • Owlbear

3″ of halfling death (keep casting until you turn blue!!!)

followed by

blind, bald dwarf (with nubs!)

and

the elven monk who says “**** ’em. I just met these guys”

gotta love the roleplaying possiblities of this band of heroes.

SteveB
    • Orc

*snuffle*

Sure, Bastion is…dead… 🙁

And, unfortunately Shathis is right…I tend to play clerics more than any other character class. Although I do like to vary them a bit 😈

You will see that the next incarnation of Steve is, in fact, slightly different from Bastion…although it is VERY hard not to be him…

I find it very hard, being in the caring profession, not to be a healer of some description, although I am doing quite well in a game of Dragonlance at the moment 😀

I also *have* to play spell casters…I just loathe being non-spell slingers in fantasy games…

EegahInc
    • Gelatinous Cube

I think it was G K Cjesterton who wrote that doctrine and discipline may be walls; but they are the walls of a playground. I just started playing my first ever cleric a month ago, and he’s quickly becoming my favorite. All the restrictions on the character, especially a “good” one, have actually become liberating in a way; a great boon to the roleplaying side of the game.

Of course, I’m well aware that being three inches tall or a blind, bald, marked for evil dwarf makes for good roleplaying fodder too, 😈

but I’ve begun to favor the cleric class and will miss Bastion.

I would dip my sword in the warrior’s salute but, of course, I’m not allowed to carry one. 😉

Salubrai
    • Succubus
    Anonymous wrote:
    3″ of halfling death (keep casting until you turn blue!!!)

followed by

blind, bald dwarf (with nubs!)

and

the elven monk who says “**** ’em. I just met these guys”

gotta love the roleplaying possiblities of this band of heroes.

Aye, the LAWFUL GOOD monk who says **** ’em. I just met these guys.

LOL. I love it.

WerewolfPaladin
    • Thri-kreen

Often I end up playing my party’s cleric because no one else wants to play the cleric. The recent foray into WLD is the exception because there’s nothing in there to get the cleric to change his deity. The first couple of times the player played a cleric, he ended up changing deities.

Usually I end up playing more militant clerics or paladins. I think my favorite cleric of all time was a Weretiger Cleric of Selune. She was one of the few characters who could get the gnome rogue/illusionist to sit down and behave.

N-kun
    • Thri-kreen

play a bard steve you know you want to, they can heal and everything… or a ranger..

NewMutant
    • Commoner

I’m slow on the uptake, but I’m glad to say I can listen to the whole thing without waiting–and i’m listening now to WLD 22. That said, I found it very ironic, if not infinitely sad, that Bastion was killed by his party member’s fireball, after being the one hardest on Balazaar for doing the same thing.

Is that irony, or just tragedy?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘World’s Largest Dungeon’ is closed to new topics and replies.