Forums Archive RPGMP3 Chatter World’s Largest Dungeon OK, let me get this straight (WLD #22 spoilers)

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    wolfsnap
    • Thri-kreen
    Shathis wrote:
    I’ve been looking at the promotional material for the Tomb of Haggemoth, and isn’t there a dwarven wizard in there named Haggemoth the Beardless One? Knowing the fellows over at Dire Destiny have heard of WLD, and perhaps listened to a few sessions…. well…..

Haggemoth actually started out as a Neverwinter Nights mod that was never completed. The idea of a Dwarf Tomb was originally inpsired by placeable statue of a dwarf in the game. This morphed over time into the idea of a dwarf wizard. I’ll admit that there was a point at which I was considering contacting Paul about making it the “Tomb of Balazaar” 😛

However, I ultimately didn’t want to tread on Paul’s character, and what I cooked up for Haggemoth turned out to be something that I knew Balazaar would never have gone in for, anyway. If they make it to the end of ToH, you’ll see that Haggemoth and Balazaar, while they share some superficial similarities (powerful Dwarven wizards without beards being pretty much it), are ultimately very different characters.

PaulofCthulhu
    • Owlbear

No worries about treading on my player character, as far as I’m concerned anyone can use the Balazaar character as they wish for artistic purposes. Permission given freely to all.

Hal has the character sheet for Balazaar (and the other WLD characters) which he’s promised to scan and upload at some point.

Balgin
    • Succubus
    PaulofCthulhu wrote:
    No worries about treading on my player character, as far as I’m concerned anyone can use the Balazaar character as they wish for artistic purposes. Permission given freely to all.

Hal has the character sheet for Balazaar (and the other WLD characters) which he’s promised to scan and upload at some point.

Actualy I was going to ask if you’d be interested in doing a Balazaar soundset for NWN2…… I hear you did a lot for NWN with Enoah’s thing and I’m working on a small module that may (or may not) benefit from references to stuff like “if my mate Balazaar was here he’d soon have these zombies burning” and stuff like that. I haven’t decided if I’d want anything more than a few mentions but if you’re up for it then I’ll contact you and we’ll see how things go, okay?

PaulofCthulhu
    • Owlbear

If I’m able I’d be very happy to (and perhaps the other WLD people too if asked). Thank you for asking. Alas though I didn’t get the time to do Enoah’s audio for him which I regret.

Thing
    Admin
    • Drider
    PaulofCthulhu wrote:

So errand is cleared for his Gerout/Balazar fan fiction. 😈

PaulofCthulhu
    • Owlbear

From the Balazaar side, sure. I have no doubt it will be tasteful! 🙂

Balgin
    • Succubus
    PaulofCthulhu wrote:
    If I’m able I’d be very happy to (and perhaps the other WLD people too if asked). Thank you for asking. Alas though I didn’t get the time to do Enoah’s audio for him which I regret.

Despite that WLD session?

Hal: Did you really record two hundred and fifty lines of dialogue for Neverwinter Nights?

Paul: Yes

Don’t worry, I may consider asking my sister to voice an npc but I doubt she’d be very interested. My father’s got a good voice (and mine sounds similar but about half the age, and not so good) so I’m not sure if I want to try and stretch to custom voices yet.

DeTheGreat
    • Orc

I had no idea that you were a voice actor in that game Paul. Was it for someone’s custom mod, or for the actual game itself?Either would be quite interesting, but to have your voice as a character in a game that’s as popular as that one is would be an honor to any gamer.

PaulofCthulhu
    • Owlbear
    Balgin wrote:
    PaulofCthulhu wrote:

Despite that WLD session?

Hal: Did you really record two hundred and fifty lines of dialogue for Neverwinter Nights?

Paul: Yes

Did I say that? Then it was a lie. I had the lines, intended to, but the time was hard to find for that much audio. I did record a couple of Balazaar lines for Skell IIRC a while ago.

So no, alas, I didn’t manage to be a voice actor for Enoah’s NWN mod, and I’m sure it would have been much fun, but sometimes real life intrudes. I think most people can atest to that when it comes to gaming. 😉

Balgin
    • Succubus

Actualy I can’t remember your exact reply but everyone went “wow” and was pretty impressed that you’d given it a go :).

Someone could probably cobble something together by snipping loads of little bits out of the over a hundred hours of WLD files but that’d take a lot of work (and I’m not sure I’d know exactly how to but it may be worth a try :p).

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • The forum ‘World’s Largest Dungeon’ is closed to new topics and replies.