Forums News and Information Introductions Old guy returns

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Cob37
    • Gelatinous Cube

After closing one chapter it is time to start a new one.  My name is Cob and I live in House Springs, Missouri, USA.  I’ve got all new gamers and started a new story in my world of Skell.

Some of the old timers may remember me.  I recognize a few of the names here.  If ENoa ever stops in tell him I said hi.

Long live rpgmp3!

Telemergion
    • Owlbear

Hello and welcome… back? 

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Welcome back, good sir! 🙂

A bit of browsing for information about your previous exploits here on the site turned up these resounding words of endorsement:

I like the setup on the world of skell and your use of Norse mythology. You play a bit more hard core then I, but it is interesting.

For some reason everybodies voices/accents keeps making me picture the characters in my head as cattle drovers more then anything else, but that is my problem.

I like World of Skell, and you’ve got to admire a world that’s been going over 20 years!

And that was almost a decade ago – does that mean the World of Skell is over 30 years old, by now? 😮

PS: Kudos for being one of the few people who sent voice mail to @[member=”Hal”], back in the day. 🙂

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

True – I feel so lonely 🙂

Hal :hal:

ThistledownJohn
    • Gelatinous Cube

Hi Cob!

Welcome back, and I’m glad to see a fellow Missourian!  😀

I’m from Bonne Terre, so fairly close, as the crow flies.

Aethyr
    • Thri-kreen

Greetings and salutations!

insert witticism here

Cob37
    • Gelatinous Cube

And that was almost a decade ago – does that mean the World of Skell is over 30 years old, by now? :O

Yes.   Many fond memories of inexplicable gamer decisions, stupendous dice rolls, and friends sitting around the game table.

One of the cool things is as I’ve grown older my knowledge of medieval times has increased and I feel the little details bring out the DM in me.  The game keeps my mind from totally accepting what nature wills.   D&D, along with my children, keep me young at heart.   The gods know there are enough things in this world that try to stamp out creativity and imagination.  

As long as I can roll the bones….my old bones will “roll dinkus” (roll damage for those who do not speak Chexxan).

Lockhart
    • Owlbear

Fond returns to the community!

I’m curious, as the keeper of a 30 year old setting, what system of D&D it uses or has used?

Cob37
    • Gelatinous Cube

I’m curious, as the keeper of a 30 year old setting, what system of D&D it uses or has used?

Started with 1E then stuck with 2E when that came out.

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Inevitable follow-up question: what’s your opinion on THAC0? 😉

Cob37
    • Gelatinous Cube

I’m sure there may be easier ways but since it’s what I am used to I “get it” and can quickly tell the players if they succeed or fail.  Though clunky, THAC0 is ok.  Kind of like Standard definition tv is ok and since it costs more to get the HD my moral code tells me SD is justified.  I’m an old curmudgeon at heart so I let my geriatric flag fly.

Telemergion
    • Owlbear

Though clunky, THAC0 is ok.

You and I can no longer be friends.

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

I let my geriatric flag fly.

Sounds like a euphemism for “adult diaper”. 😉

Cob37
    • Gelatinous Cube

You and I can no longer be friends.

Yeah, I got nothin’.

Cob37
    • Gelatinous Cube

Sounds like a euphemism for “adult diaper”. 😉

Phonetically speaking I must disagree.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘Introductions’ is closed to new topics and replies.