Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Daniel
    • Succubus

Taking inspiration from the Wharts I figured it was about time we made one of these introductory…things.

We are the Pants Campers, RPGMP3’s first online gaming group.  We started back in 2009 when the online scene was still in it’s youth and the available software was a little…iffy.  Over the years we have grown into a group who has historically taken our gaming a little more seriously than perhaps we should.

In the modern Pants Campers, we have cut back our pretensions a bit and shrunk our group size.  More recently we have even started to venture into offline territories, with our (soon to be released) Old School D&D adventures.

Scattered across Europe & America, the Pants Campers are:

Online – The Pants

Alex – The Swedish Chef

Regan – The Sassy Younger Brother

Jess – The Surprisingly Efficient One.

Daniel – The primary DM for both teams.

Offline – The Campers

Amy – Lady Not Appearing In This Audio

Cody– Pinky

Emi – Cook Rat

Hamish – The Brain

Katie – The girl with the healing touch

Lee – Always the first to die

Lily – The Wallflower Barbarian

Regan – The Surprisingly Well-Travelled Younger Brother.

Roxy – The Fuhrer

Sam – The dice wizard

Seth – The Trollodin

Special Guests

Tess – The Angry Midget; Daniel’s primary partner, occasionally turns up to torment him on audio.

Miranda – The Lost American; while on vacation Miranda got lost and found herself appearing in a number of our early MCMLXXV (1975) episodes.

Teele – The Pet Estonian; A hippy traveller from distant lands that got kidnapped on her way to Leeds.  Teele found herself forced into playing one of our MCMLXXV (1975) episodes.

Our online team focuses on short campaigns, consisting of three seasons of 4-6 episodes with a break between seasons.  We tend towards narrative, story heavy games and our audio is often of the polished variety with much of our OOC banter removed in favour of better presenting the story.  In many ways our online stuff is closer to an unscripted radio play than a roleplaying game in the traditional sense.

Our offline group is the complete opposite.  Dick jokes, 10-foot poles and loot are the name of the game.  With impromptu Meth Labs, Accountant Gnomes and Blue-on-Blue Incandescent Wizards making an all too regular appearance.  If Online is our radio play, Offline is our cheetos & mountain dew.

We hope you enjoy what we have to offer and encourage you to listen to the other fantastic recordings available elsewhere on this website.

We currently recommend new listeners start with Murder at Sturmhalt, episode 1.

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Does this mean Tess has permanently left the active ranks of Pantsdom? 🙁

Daniel
    • Succubus

I’m sorry to say so, yeah.  Her healthy is paramount and trying to attend sessions was putting too much pressure on her.

Its a shame, we all miss having her there, but as I just said: health comes first. 🙂

Daniel
    • Succubus

To add more to the last comment.  Me & Tess are actually moving in together in a few months, so there is a small possibility she may be making a return in the Offline Team.

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Congratulations! 😀 Apparently, it’s customary to give people potted plants and suchlike, as housewarming presents and whatnot. However, since azaleas and hydrangeas are difficult to squeeze through a wifi connection, and you’d probably prefer something a little more… feisty, here’s a lovely little sapling that you might recognize. 😉

BHO.jpg

[/blastfromthepast]

Daniel
    • Succubus

I’m fair certain that tree still gives Alex nightmares XD

Daniel
    • Succubus

Updated OP

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

So now you’re playing Hall of Bones, huh? It’s probably gonna end up all Hall of Bones.

Amy – Lady Not Appearing In This Audio

So she didn’t join the group, after all?

Miranda – The Pet American; while on vacation Miranda got lost and found herself appearing in a number of our early MCMLXXV (1975) episodes.

It’s so delightful when you use the past tense to refer to audio that HASN’T BEEN RELEASED YET. 😛

Tess – The Angry Midget; Daniel’s primary partner, occasionally turns up to torment him on audio.

She might ease up a bit, if you stopped calling her “primary“. 😉

Daniel
    • Succubus

Amy has joined us, she just hasn’t managed to get onto audio yet because it is the height of her cosplay season (as it is my LARP season).

I write in past-tense to taunt you, Monkey! 😛

But Tess is my primary partner 😛

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Oh yeah? Well, your FACE is in the past tense.

And stupid.

So there.

Daniel
    • Succubus

I guess I’ll just not release this beautiful episode I’m currently finishing… 😛

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Blowing-a-raspberry-300x232.jpg

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer
    Daniel
    • Succubus

Updated OP

New guest appearance.

Updated Offline Team membership.

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Teele – The Pet Estonian; A hippy traveller from distant lands that got kidnapped on her way to Leeds.  Teele found herself forced into playing one of our MCMLXXV (1975) episodes.

Fun fact: Teele is Estonian for Adele, although it could also be Estonian for “On the Road”. So, either a whiny pop singer or a Kerouac novel. 😉

Oh, and it’s actually also the name of one of the characters in a super-popular Estonian novel. The more you know!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.