Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Fin
    • Thri-kreen

After an extended break due to real life and associated inconveniences… we’re back.

However Steve shall not be immediately returning to the helm, instead I shall be steering the group into the shoals of Call of Cthulhu for a few months.

The first recording has been made and should be posted in the nearish future (once I work out what I need to do or con someone else into doing it)

Daniel
    • Succubus

Cool, more Call of Cthulhu; what are you running?  I’m planning to do some CoC over halloween and don’t want to record the same module as you guys — would be like turning up to a party in the same dress: awwwkwaaaarrd! 😀

Fin
    • Thri-kreen

Starting with the revised “Have You Seen the Yellow Sign” by K. Ross from Tales of the Crescent City and then will see how it goes from there.

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Huzzah! The BAGgies are back in the bag! 😀

Cool, more Call of Cthulhu; what are you running?  I’m planning to do some CoC over halloween and don’t want to record the same module as you guys — would be like turning up to a party in the same dress: awwwkwaaaarrd! 😀

Puts a whole new spin on the classic CoC “investigators infiltrate a cult during a dark ritual by disguising themselves as cultists” scenario. 😉

Lorenzo the Fashionista: Zis plan iz mozt térrible!

Buford Hogarth the Hard-Boiled Private Dick: Whattaya talkin’ about? It’s traditional!

Lorenzo the Fashionista: Non! I refuze to zhow up to a zocial event drezzed like zomeone elze – yet alone everyone elze! Zut alors!

kendoyle659
    • Thri-kreen

Hurrah. I hope their rolls will be somewhat better than we had at Yog Games Day.

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

The first recording has been made and should be posted in the nearish future (once I work out what I need to do or con someone else into doing it)

monkey-salute.jpg

The payload has just been uploaded, sir, and is now ready and waiting for Hal to unleash it upon the unsuspecting populace. 🙂

kendoyle659
    • Thri-kreen

Good grief that is swift monkeying

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

The audio was actually fully edited & ready for upload last night, I was just too lazy to upload it. 😉

Amusingly, when I checked the time stamps, it turned out that Audacity had finished exporting the final .mp3 almost exactly 48 hours after it had been recorded, to within less than a minute. 😛

Fin
    • Thri-kreen

Hurrah. I hope their rolls will be somewhat better than we had at Yog Games Day.

It would be hard for them to do worse 🙂

Thanks for the swift action @[member=”Pencil-Monkey”]

Short session for the first one of about an hour as we did character gen first (not recorded)

Slartibartfast
    • Gelatinous Cube

Were any of those games recorded?  I really enjoyed last year.

BigJackBrass
    • Drider

Were any of those games recorded? I really enjoyed last year.

At least one was: Roger recorded his GURPS-based adventure with a view to possibly releasing it… It was something of an experiment for him. You can hear him discussing it on the excellent Improvised Radio Theatre… With Dice podcast; and perhaps leaving a comment expressing your interest in hearing the game might help.

EDIT 14/10/2014: YSDC patrons can now listen to Roger’s game which, as Paul points out, features Fin’s game being played in the background 🙂

Slartibartfast
    • Gelatinous Cube

At least one was: Roger recorded his GURPS-based adventure with a view to possibly releasing it… It was something of an experiment for him. You can hear him discussing it on the excellent Improvised Radio Theatre… With Dice podcast; and perhaps leaving a comment expressing your interest in hearing the game might help.

Ah!  Thanks BJB – I had actually listened to that episode too but Roger’s comment slipped my mind 🙂

Fin
    • Thri-kreen

Were any of those games recorded?  I really enjoyed last year.

Sadly another recorder failure for me. I need to buy more expensive batteries or run off mains power as the Panasonic ones I used only lasted an hour of a 6+ hr game.

Slartibartfast
    • Gelatinous Cube

Sadly another recorder failure for me. I need to buy more expensive batteries or run off mains power as the Panasonic ones I used only lasted an hour of a 6+ hr game.

Sorry to hear that. Hope you guys had a great time anyway.:)

kendoyle659
    • Thri-kreen

Sorry to hear that. Hope you guys had a great time anyway. 🙂

Yup a great game was had. There was a selfless sacrifice, appalling die rolls and a fez!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.