Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    wolfsnap
    • Thri-kreen

File Name: Pathfinder Session 29

File Submitter: wolfsnap

File Submitted: 10 May 2013

File Category: Pathfinder

Genre: Fantasy

Profanity Level: Jolly Sweary Indeed

The party discovers a hoary willow guarded by a hideous, tentacled horror. Several of out heroes almost disappear into the thing’s disgusting maw, and then a riddle and a ritual must be mastered

https://www.rpgmp3.com/files/game_recordings/RPGLED/Pathfinder_Session_29a.mp3

Click here to download this file

eformo
    • Gelatinous Cube

I remember what was being said about these audios hopefully returning.  Eagerly hoping/waiting, there’s a ton of new stuff up, but this is the one I’m most excited to hear again.

CorkyKneivel
    • Commoner

Amen to that. This podcast is the reason I joined the site.

The GMing in this podcast is unparalleled and needs to be listened to by anyone recording homebrew campaigns for download. He’s more a GM/Entertainer with the accents, character details, and story lines that evolve as the campaign goes on. I also appreciate the “peek behind the curtain” moments when we hear the GM quiz the players on character motivation and intent. Not only does it inform us and include us on the evolution of the campaign, it forces players to decide just what it is they want for the character and why they want it. That’s just a small bit of praise and only a tiny part of why I like it.

Hope to hear more soon.

eformo
    • Gelatinous Cube

Amen to that. This podcast is the reason I joined the site.

The GMing in this podcast is unparalleled and needs to be listened to by anyone recording homebrew campaigns for download. He’s more a GM/Entertainer with the accents, character details, and story lines that evolve as the campaign goes on. I also appreciate the “peek behind the curtain” moments when we hear the GM quiz the players on character motivation and intent. Not only does it inform us and include us on the evolution of the campaign, it forces players to decide just what it is they want for the character and why they want it. That’s just a small bit of praise and only a tiny part of why I like it.

Hope to hear more soon.

I’m with you.  My wife and I are running a homebrew game for our friends and we enjoy listening to these casts together because the GM’ing is so good.  We’ve blatantly stolen elements of the plot and borrowed heavily from the GM’ing techniques to make our games a lot more fun.  I’ve also found Hal’s work in the Labo(u)r of Love to be pretty good in that department (for some really memorable NPC’s) but this one has given us the very best mileage of any recordings on the site.

(I also really enjoyed the Tomb of Haggemoth adventure – for those who haven’t gotten it, I thought it was totally worth the money.  I still laugh every time I think about a cold place and want to call it Friezurazov.)

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

(I also really enjoyed the Tomb of Haggemoth adventure – for those who haven’t gotten it, I thought it was totally worth the money.  I still laugh every time I think about a cold place and want to call it Friezurazov.)

When the Yorkton Gamers played Haggemoth, they habitually pronounced it “Fra-zeer-a-zof”, but that might just be a result of their rampant Canadianism. 🙂

They had a lot of fun with that campaign, as well. 😀 “Kal-Flamin’-Raisins!”

eformo
    • Gelatinous Cube

Hal would call it Fry-zer-zov.  But I’m pretty sure that it’s supposed to be freeze-ur-az-ov.  If nothing else, it made for a memorable place – since I can still remember the name of the cold country years after last looking at the module.  Campy humor can certainly lend a memorability to things and the substance to back it up was there in my opinion.  Good stuff.

Did YGG record audio of their playthrough of Haggemoth?  I don’t remember seeing it and if I missed it, I totally want to make sure I remediate that.

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Hal would call it Fry-zer-zov.  But I’m pretty sure that it’s supposed to be freeze-ur-az-ov.  If nothing else, it made for a memorable place – since I can still remember the name of the cold country years after last looking at the module.  Campy humor can certainly lend a memorability to things and the substance to back it up was there in my opinion.  Good stuff.

Did YGG record audio of their playthrough of Haggemoth?  I don’t remember seeing it and if I missed it, I totally want to make sure I remediate that.

The Yorkton players drop a lot of subtle (and even more not-so-subtle) hints and references to their ToH campaign in their other audio, but Lockhart hasn’t released it yet.

In one of the recent Jade Regent episodes, they even openly discuss how much they loved the game, and the fact that it hasn’t been released to the slavering fans yet. 🙂

So of course, I ended up begging @[member=”Lockhart”] to share the goodness, just a little more, sir, and he was kind enough to slip out a few tantalizing morsels. 😀

If we all keep poking him, he might eventually cave and edit the audio for public release. It’s good stuff, the players really enjoyed themselves in that scenario.

It gets even more interesting when you compare how different groups handle the same scenario. For instance, at the very beginning, where the PCs try to negotiate passage aboard the good ship The Manky Bastard with Captain Crispe (pronounced Crispy, of course – those pun-tastic names just keep piling up) :), and the female players all seem to share a certain method of problem-solving:

Hal: “Aye, if ye be wanting passage abo-“

Lindsay: “I rip open my corset.”

Hal: “…HUH?!?!”

WHUT_by_KiwiesRuleXD.gif

Lockhart: “The room is filled with various sailors and sea me-“

Aimee: “I stand up on a table and say ‘If you can find me a captain with a sturdy ship, I’ll take off one of items of clothing.'”

Brad, Brian & Lockhart: “…Whuh?”

Hmm… Maybe that should be another YGGernaut video… >:-)

Lockhart
    • Owlbear

Tomb of Haggemoth was my first campaign…Twice! Just like you and Corky have found inspiration in the Paths of Gaeda, I found inspiration in Hal’s Tomb of Haggemoth recordings, and had to run such an adventure for my group. And then when I met Aimee, Brad, and Brian, I had to run it again. Friezurazov was so well-loved as a name and place, that I did a short little homebrew game, completed unrelated, where it was a proper awesome barony, seeking adventurers to employ, and the Party was working how to travel to this mystical, wonderful arctic land they’d heard such good things about.

Of course, the quality of both should be no surprise, the fellow who runs Gaeda wrote Haggemoth! 😛

The YGG recordings of Tomb of Haggemoth and Quest to Friezurazov will be making apperances as YGG contributions to the website as Patron Incentives. Why, I’m uploading the first session of Tomb of Haggemoth as we speak.

Pencil-Monkey
    • Mind Flayer

Tomb of Haggemoth was my first campaign…Twice! Just like you and Corky have found inspiration in the Paths of Gaeda, I found inspiration in Hal’s Tomb of Haggemoth recordings, and had to run such an adventure for my group. And then when I met Aimee, Brad, and Brian, I had to run it again. Friezurazov was so well-loved as a name and place, that I did a short little homebrew game, completed unrelated, where it was a proper awesome barony, seeking adventurers to employ, and the Party was working how to travel to this mystical, wonderful arctic land they’d heard such good things about.

Of course, the quality of both should be no surprise, the fellow who runs Gaeda wrote Haggemoth! 😛

The YGG recordings of Tomb of Haggemoth and Quest to Friezurazov will be making apperances as YGG contributions to the website as Patron Incentives. Why, I’m uploading the first session of Tomb of Haggemoth as we speak.

Dang it, the Karma+ button only works once per post. 🙁

Quest to Friezurdonkeyov, eh? A game’s that (kinda) totally unrelated to the ToH campaign? Sound exciting! Was that the game where Jack and Mandy joined the others in the Friezurazov Board of Tourism?

They dropped several hints in the Ptolus games on how much they loved Skitters – even to the point of resurrecting the poor critter in later games and having edible minis for it, so when it was slain by an enemy, they could *GLOMF* the mini straight off the table and down in their tummy. Skitters was, quite literally, close to their hearts. 🙂

CorkyKneivel
    • Commoner

I’m a little confused. My apologies I’m not a long time member of these forums and I’m not sure who all is who. The group/podcast members you’re mentioning above are not the same gaming group/podcast members that did this specific podcast correct? Or are there other campaigns from this group?

Lockhart
    • Owlbear

You are correct. Wolfsnap wrote a module called The Tomb of Haggemoth, which was played through by the main RPGMP3 group on audio. I’ve also personally ran the module several times, to much enjoyment of myself and my groups.

However the Paths of Gaeda is the only campaign recorded and released by wolfsnap’s group.

wolfsnap
    • Thri-kreen

Just a heads up – I AM going to upload more episodes!!  I’ve just been SUPER busy getting ready for Gen Con.  I will try to get something new uploaded today before I leave. Hopefully Hal will get it posted to the site shortly.

Hal
    Admin
    • Treant

You know he will 🙂

Hal :hal:

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.